Krishnamurtis Notebook/The Process

I feel the powers that be should be more upfront with the material in the archives and leave to those interested to decide what constitutes the teachings. Such a huge amount of material remaining hidden in the archives is a disservice to those who want to know.

“Hidden”?! Gosh, if they’re hiding stuff, they better cough it up immediately!

Typically they are most probably hiding the best stuff (the one bit of the teaching that we really need - the missing treasure - the magical words) I hate it when they do that.

It’s a Konspiracy!..

I agree. K’s teachings have been presented like a polished apple on a gilded platter. During his lifetime and after his death deep churning discussions on the teachings have happened and continue to happen as on this forum, all to no avail. Except for the Notebooks we have no idea of K’s own struggles except his own claim that everything came effortlessly to him! As such I am not so much interested in the no doubt marvellous finished product which I can only gaze at from afar and perhaps admire.

To see how this marvel was put together we need to see him warts and all. It’s a quarter of a century since he died and no one has ever glimpsed what he was pointing at - exceptional exemptions exempted. Why is a lot of stuff still held back?

Humans do silly things for bad reasons (and sometimes the contrary) this is obvious - why get bogged down in the details?

And for those wanting to hear a narrative about warts - I’ve only read the Lutyens biography - and found that very revealing

I was being facetious. I don’t think anything is being “hidden” these days, but I don’t doubt that a lot of stuff is considered irrelevant to the teachings, and a distraction. Years ago, Ken, a collector of K trivia, posted a newspaper article from the 1930’s about the young Krishnamurti getting into an auto accident, or for speeding (I forget which) in Ojai. Maybe someone with access to and interest in information like that will publish a book that is more about the man than his mission.

If there are skeletons in the K-closet, it might be best to bring them out, because if the teachings are valid, the teacher is beside the point. With the theosophists, he was the “vessel” to be used by The Masters. But when he became a light to himself, he was just a man with the light on.

Isn’t the word Process used to imply there is something happening not of my motive? I think that was the point. I can say it is a mystery, meaning there is nothing to be unraveled, and an answer is pointless. Probably it is not so strange to find we think in terms of complicity, conspiracy, and defeat? Is it that the nature of thought is conspiratorial?

The nature of thought is mechanical. If it operates conspiratorially, it’s the brain’s intention that it do so.

Thought serves the brain’s need for security and clarity, but if the brain has not awakened from ignorance, arrogance, and confusion, thought is dysfunctional.

Leaving it all up to thought is a cop out.

Call it what you want, but thought is all we have until/if intelligence awakens.

Thought is all we have? Fundamentally this is what I reject.

Intelligence comes into being the moment one sees that any belief and attachment to such a belief - such as believing that “thought is all we have”, in other words, attachment to any part of what the brain does is what is holding back the coming into being of intelligence.

This particular kind of belief runs completely contrary to the fact that whatever knowledge which thought thinks is always limited. All knowledge is always subject to change because thought itself is fallible. It is the very nature of thought itself, that it is inherently prone to error. Thought can never be perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect thought. What was known in the past is always subject to change. Life itself is change.

Meaning what? That you have something we don’t?

Intellect is a mental operation, and meaning is part of this operation. Why do we want meaning? Why do we look to someone else to provide us with satisfaction etc.? There is an emptiness. The emptiness is between things, people. This in-betweenness is the separation of people we have built into society. In separateness the way of thinking is about finding peace, love, unity, comprehensiveness, conclusiveness, all of that, and is inevitably unable to work for us individually, except artificially, as an illusion, psychologically. We repeat this self deception over and over in our way of life, in behaviour, in belief, and in all our attitudes.

How are you doing DavidS? Hope you recovered well…

Thanks for asking Kirsten. Yes, I recovered well, however this booster shot was a doozy. The pain at the site of the shot lasted for several days and the lymph node of that arm was very sore and tender for days too. Plus the flu like symptoms of body aches, fatigue, chills, etc. One really does feel like crap for a few days, at least this one did feel that. But luckily it is only a short term matter, as far as I know. I hope there is not other side effects. One never knows what is the right thing to do, but I am leaning towards trusting the vaccine over not.

1 Like

good… i’m glad to hear from you and yes we don’t know what is the right thing to do, seems i’m not allowed to ask personal questions though :slight_smile: oh well

This video clarifies the confusion around “the process” . No more explanations are necessary .
Thanks for sharing.

Not that it matters much, but it is actually longer than that 36 years on Feb 17.