Krishnamurtis Notebook/The Process

Has anyone here heard of other human beings ever having similar (or indeed vastly different) experiences - especially those we think had entered similar states as we believe K did? Of course there are all the founders of various religions whose experiences are shrouded in myth and miracle - these we can omit. I am curious about those alive or dead closer to the age we live in. Or did K have a one-of-a-kind process for the first time in human evolution?

Please note that K only “object(ed) to any discussion of kundalini” not because it did not exist but because “those who talk about kundalini don’t know what it is”. K is not decrying or denying kundalini. Did he not do this about almost everything? I think his intention was not to deny that love, compassion etc. did not exist but to bring us to a true understanding of what lay behind those words.

Yes, thats what I am personally leaning towards. That this was a one of a kind process, first time in human evolution. K did it so we dont have to, and now we have the teachings.

1 Like

DavidS

Really?? lol, that isn’t true.

We don’t all have to be a mouthpiece for the Teachings. In fact none of us are - in the sense that the Teachings are not coming forth from us.

Peace be on whatever that energy was - hopefully it feels that it has done its duty.

Are we not moving into the domain of the typical devout Hindu, Christian, Muslim etc.?

1 Like

In what way? I just think something weird (because unknown) was going on

I however have automatically interpreted the stories (biographies) according to my conditioning - there was some sort of energy that took over the boy which produced the teachings - the process was painful at the start and also caused some sense of chaotic bodiless presence at certain times around K. I’m presuming the energy was forced to do what it did through its own conditioning (and hope it feels relieved now and has hopefully dissipated)

What I have imagined in no way causes any sort of feelings of worship - more of a feeling of “as above, so below”

PS - was it because I used the expression “peace be upon” whatever?

Be very accurate in your wording, please!

According to the description of it, he didn’t do anything, it just came through him!

And can we even know if Boedha didn’t went through it?
It was not he who made it into a kind of religion, but his followers, so let that be a warning!

No - We cannot know

And we have no reason to think so - or sorry! I mean : does anything indicate that this may be the case?

From what I have read the Buddha suffered far worse physically than K ever did but he gave up all that and his “realization” or whatever had nothing to do with all the striving that preceded it. And there is no record of any pain accompanying his realization unlike in K’s case. I hope I haven’t blasphemed in comparing K’s experience to that of someone else’s.

From what we know the Buddha subjected himself to intense effort of all kinds and then dismissed them as inconsequential. K seems to have made no effort for his realization and suffered intense physical pain which seemed to him important enough to record in his own words when realization chanced upon him.

The easy way out is to separate the man from his teaching and employ a bit of cancel culture!

I don’t know what you are referring to - but am quite sure you don’t mean that Buddha went through the same painful process of whatever it was that K did?

Quite right, and the sensible way out too - although, to be precise : separate our idea of the man from the teaching

I thought I’d made it clear that the Buddha 's “realization” had nothing to do with all the striving that preceded it. I am referring to the intense effort the Buddha
subjected himself to in his attempts to understand. I also said there is no record of any pain accompanying his realization unlike in K’s case.

It is perhaps more important to separate our idea of the teachings from the teachings themselves. And thereby hangs many a tale!

1 Like

The whole brain,

A part of the process is due to the fact that the whole brain is alive / awake… , one feels it like that, would be interesting to have an MRI taken, but…

There is intense clarity …

There is only some pain when the right hemisphere and left hemisphere “touch” each other, when they “merge” … are one with each other… - not sure whether these are the right words…

For example, today, walking for miles in the mist…saw a beautiful birch tree, completely naked of leaves. It is quite cold and damp and wet here. The whole brain was awake, no pain, only emptiness within and the whole tree was seen (there was the seeing of the “whole” tree)… ecstasy… wandered around smiling and laughing. So in love with life… one would love that everyone could be like that, see that… live that wholeness… live this simplicity.

I am now at home, watching the news; Canada is warming 2x as fast as the rest of the world. A sign of things to come worldwide.

¶ I had that CD a number of years ago. It was very good. You could copy and paste from it. Unfortunately, back in 2006 some yahoo broke into my home and stole my laptop while the Collected Works disk was still in the disk drive. Maybe it did him some good. Or the person he pawned off the computer to. Not likely.

They came out with a newer version, but you could not copy and paste the text from it, so it had limited use. And I could not get it to load in my newer version of Microsoft anyway.

Here is a good website for text information…

Here is another, more difficult to navigate…
https://archive.org/download/44TheAwakeningOfIntelligence

Here is a PDF of all of Krishnamurti’s talks available on YouTube…
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj63PqQoNL0AhX7j4kEHa1NCvAQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.krishnamurti.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F01%2FJ-Krishnamurti-Directory-of-Audio-Video-recordings-on-YouTube-2020.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3KLCAv1tMATIRyok4YQ26G

Good luck, ken

1 Like

Thank you all for participating and sharing in this thread. Thank you Ken for sharing these resources and sorry to hear that your K disk collection was stolen.

I am under the weather right now and out of it. I got my pfizer covid booster yesterday morning and am reacting again a lot. I have a temp, chills, body aches, fatigue, etc It really knocks me out these shots. But thanks again all for sharing.

Bad luck mate - we are not all equal faced with the jab

Just a stray thought. Are all of K’s works available in the public domain? No, I am not suggesting that the vast body of work already available needs to be added to for the teachings to be complete or for us to understand him but has all his output available in the archives been published?

It seems that new material is often added to the archives. I don’t have any first hand knowledge of what that material would be.

Is there any way of knowing, a list somewhere perhaps, with a brief description, of stuff available in the archives?

I know K held innumerable lengthy discussions with people about the running of the various schools and trusts and so on which ordinary people may find interesting but are not available to them.

And I am aware of a discussion K had while on his seasonal visit to India (and all who read this will find it unbelievable) with a few stockbrokers in erstwhile Bombay who had difficulty in expressing themselves in English. Of course the discussion wasn’t on investment and went nowhere. But I believe it must be published if it is available.

The powers that be may think that the material I have mentioned and other stuff that may have come out less than perfect may not add much to the corpus or utility of the teachings but I believe they should be in the public domain.

Inter alia, can the Notebooks be considered part of the teachings?

It’s hard to determine what is or isn’t a part of the teachings. What about the personal conversations K had with Mary Zimbalist that’s she’s thoroughly documented…since she was there. Or his conversations with Mary Lutyens and Mary Cadogan? Or Asit Chadmal? He says interesting things to all these people.

Krishnamurti’s Notebook is an essential text because it has not been edited by anyone. Even his Commentaries on Living were edited by Rajagopal, as were many of his books.

And even a revised edition of Krishnamurti’s Notebook was released when an additional, previously unknown entry was discovered.