Why are you here?

But that’s superficial. Getting the correct meaning of something is good, but it isn’t the thing itself.

I don’t hold the human brain in low esteem. The brain’s conditioning makes it an inferior version of what it is capable of being.

1 Like

Thus springs my self-bestowed indigenous name:

Gazes shallowly upon the deep

waiting to die.Nothing,Nothing.No mind.

Do you think your obsession with K has anything to do with a sort of conflict of interests? Him being so simplistic and fact based? So against the mixing of ego and thought?
And you wanting to defend the imagination, sensual pleasures, and thoughts capacity for securing our privileges?

I for example, often get more obsessed by the stuff I disagree with on here than the boring facts.

Interesting theory and probably at least somewhat true. Digging deeper:

Inside me is a conflict about Krishnamurti. On the one hand, certain of his views resonate with me, others not. This is perfectly normal for me, it’s how I am with all teachers: Buddha, Nagarjuna, Shankara, Lao Tzu, Whitehead. On the other hand, part of me wants Krishnamurti’s view to be The View, The Answer, the final word. This may be because Krishnamurti was my first spiritual love, and making him The Answer is like returning to Eden.

If I must choose who has The Answer, the final word, I know I can’t be a light to myself because all I can do is choose.

If I can try to paraphrase what Inquiry might be saying : me wanting stuff is just me wanting stuff.

Which is how Marxists know Marx is right and how Christians find Jesus.

No matter how serious the question is, for the self-centered brain the answer is always in terms of, “What’s in it for me?”.

Once the brain acknowledges this as its condition, it’s modus operandi, it’s relationship with thought undergoes a change from foolish confidence to cautious diffidence.

My Grand Quest to get IT seems to be both a source of tremendous energy-passion and its own worst enemy.

Who would you be if you couldn’t be grand?

When the drive to Quest wanes, I usually go through a brief period of rest and relaxation, and then start getting anxious, lost, lonely, afraid, untethered, which ultimately leads me to return to the Quest. It’s possible I keep myself in a state of permanent confusion about IT, because if I ever got IT, there would be no need to Quest, and without the Quest what is there? Goofy, right. I feel good ‘solving’ problems to the degree that if there are no problems to solve, I invent them.

Normal. Nobody. Nothing special.

But because you feel grandiosity is possible, you can’t stop questing?

Questing is for me a worthy pursuit. Close to inherently worthy, the reason we take human form. There aren’t many pursuits which I feel are ultimately worthy.

Please feel free to ignore the “taking human form” bit if it’s too woo-woo for you.

Are there any forums for questing knights? Because people here might do horrible things like quote Krishnamurti at you.
For example I was just flashed this quote by K on my facebook page : “A religious mind is a mind that is not seeking the transcendental, the supreme, the atman, the nirvana, moksha. It is not seeking any experience, never thinking in terms of the more”

Damn!

Anam Thubten speaking about stories: Believing in stories leads to suffering. But if there is any story you hold onto, let it be the story of enlightenment. Quoter versus quoter, who wins?

Sadly, you win. I certainly won’t be standing in your way, happy questing.

Thank you for the support. :slight_smile: Questing is often happy. Joie de journey!

The religious mind finds in the present moment, more than enough?

What are your thoughts on the idea of amorphous life “taking” human form?

As a self-centered human, I feel I must be someone I choose to be because I don’t want to be someone I can’t help being.

If I wasn’t self-centered I would feel sorry for self-centered humans.