Why are there not many wise people in this K group?

I think for every right question there are ten wrong questions. We don’t ask the right kind of questions because we get satisfied with words easily ?
But words are dangerous.

Thank you, O7007, for the definition posted.

1 Like

What value could someone’s wisdom have for another when the wisdom shared does not fit the life experiences of that other person to whom the wisdom is given? To share wisdom in this way is like trying to fit a piece of one jigsaw puzzle into an equally cut slot of an entirely different puzzle. Still, I wonder if a dialog between two wise individuals would be of any value or significance to either one of them if they are both wise. Is wisdom something that needs to be cultivated, like knowledge, or is it something that befalls the person who has understood? At any rate, it seems to me that this K group offers ample opportunities to wise up for those who follow the conversations with attention.

This is true across the board. People read Krishnamurti and try to understand what he said instead of looking at what he pointed to.

Yes there is a direct relationship between understanding oneself and wisdom. Most of us somehow can’t understand ourselves, understand our struggles,our endless battle with loneliness , the endless desire to achieve…

You can’t look “at what he pointed to” if you can’t understand what he said.

1 Like

This conundrum is as old as the hills. When someone points to the moon, do you look at the moon or do you look at the finger that points?
Someone once told Krishnamurti that they didn’t understand his teaching.
He replied: “Understand yourself.”

That sounds rather rude, doesn’t it? Maybe he was having a bad day?

re: “That sounds rather rude, doesn’t it? Maybe he was having a bad day?”

You missed the point.

1 Like

Now I get it, the ‘teachings’ are the finger pointing…my ‘self’ is what it is pointing at.
It is not the ‘teachings’ that have to be understood, it’s ‘me’. Thank you!

It is easier said than done. Understanding ego is not easy.

How would you know if you haven’t done it?

Do you know your ego? And if you do who cares.

It is difficult because ego sets traps and gets caught in them.

re: "It is easier said than done. Understanding ego is not easy.

It is difficult because ego sets traps and gets caught in them."

Psychologically, you are the observed.

I am not the observed. I am not even the observer with it’s interpretations.
The key is not to identify with anything.

re: I am not the observed. I am not even the observer with it’s interpretations.
The key is not to identify with anything."

You’re in a really big not realising what you are club.

You don’t realize, any image that you or others have about me is not me. In fact I careless what others think about me. That is their business, not mine.

re: You don’t realize, any image that you or others have about me is not me. In fact I careless what others think about me. That is their business, not mine."

I don’t have an image of you. I responded to what you said. You said two things that were false and one thing about identification that was partially true.

I am afraid that there is no truth in a chatroom. Truth is when you are not.