Why are there not many wise people in this K group?

We have the regulars who say something daily including me but beyond that daily routine we have nothing . Are there no more wise man in the world anymore like we have had in the history of man?

Has everybody become mediocre? What happened ? What made us mediocre?

What is your point with this, seriously? Declaring yourself as wise and the rest as stupid? Because thatā€™s exactly what the average joe does. You said nothing that offers any real contribution here.

If so, we at least have an excuse for being lost?

People from the good old days must have been more mediocre than us, no? Seeing as they had the opportunity to meet and speak with the wise?

Maybe we are less mediocre now, and thus need not look for saviours? On the other hand, we have youtube!

Maybe I should say great men like Krishnamurti or Gandi or Benjamin Franklin and so on that we had in the history of mankind, real people not fictitious oneā€™s.

I only troll the trolls. You are merely the pot calling the kettle black

Itā€™s his best moveā€¦

Humanity in general is becoming mediocre. Politicians are mediocre , religious leaders are ignorant, scientists are only after wealth and so on.
So why should there be wise men in this chat place!
We are the rest of the world.

There are also some women in ā€œthis chat placeā€. Some of them seem quite wise.

1 Like

The point is not the gender. The point is that we are mediocres . Why canā€™t we go beyond this petty consciousness?

Why does one rely on the so-called wisdom of other people.
Isnā€™t this exactly that makes us mediocre.
After all they might be completely wrong. Has this idea ever crossed your mind? It might frighten you because it means that you are alone.
Can one be alone? Totally?

I donā€™t know about you but I donā€™t rely on anybody, including Krishnamurtiā€¦ but we canā€™t deny the fact that we have had great people in the history of mankind ( unfortunately not anymore).

No , absolutely not , to say Leonardo da Vinci , Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, Napoleon Bonaparte, Sigmund Freud and so on are all wrong but me with my petty mind is right! Is that not pure vanity and ignoranceā€¦

What does it mean to be wise?

Good question. Wise comes from wisdom.

Thank you, O7007. But then, what is wisdom?

wisĀ·dom

(wÄ­zā€²dəm)

n.

1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.

2. Common sense; good judgment: ā€œIt is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate thingsā€ (Henry David Thoreau).

a. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: ā€œIn those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generationsā€ (Maya Angelou).

b. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.

4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.

5. Wisdom Bible Wisdom of Solomon.

[Middle English, from Old English wīsdōm; see weid- in Indo-European roots.]

American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright Ā© 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved

Ofcourse, the ā€œmeā€ is petty,
So i am asking you whom do you address?
Do you address the ā€œmeā€, which is not different from you, or do you address me i.e. Joost, whom you hardly know, except from a few words which he wrote in answer to your question: ā€œwhy they are so few wise men in this groupā€?

I donā€™t know what you are asking.

Right.
Most of the time we seem to know what is being asked and hence we have an immediate answer, which is handsome to have that memory ( we donā€™t have to think about it).

But there are other questions that one puts to himself or to s.o. else (like i put it to you) and we are at a loss to have an answer.
Does this matter at all?
What do you think?