What is our greatest problem in life?

I do not see a greatest, or a problem per se. I see an effective immediately, I see a factor which is in play all around. I see a thing common to humanity. Every human being ‘knows’ what it is, since it is implicit in all they are and do.

Exactly. Then it is very simple, because we are not looking elsewhere. Why do you say that the relationship is a problem?

1 Like

It is a bit too private to go into the details here. Perhaps I can say there is a great discontent on my side with this relationship, especially regarding our sexuality.

1 Like

What if we replace the word sexuality with the code name “chocolate hobnobs”?

Desire, aversion and the need for security being the usual suspects again it would seem. At my age, too many chocolate hobnobs gives me heartburn everytime - yet I still always reach for one more. :joy: :cry:

1 Like

Alright, why is discontent a problem? Remove all the personal details. But we can still go into this question of discontent. Is it because there already exists an image of contentment?

1 Like

Wait. Why are you going off to an old issue, an old antagonism? Why are you looking in that direction? A very simple question has been posed, which is: what is our greatest problem? When we address the question directly there is really no difficulty. It is only when we look at it from the side that we see all these other complications because then it is our personal perspective. When you are faced directly with the question, is there a personal perspective?

There is, isn’t there? Because we don’t move through life without images. We relate through images. And the contentment I feel at the beginning of a relationship is also built on images. But images are not the problem; I am not saying that they are. We are looking at the whole picture as it reveals itself: relationship, discontent, images.

1 Like

What is there right here, right now, beyond the fact of my being at all to begin with? And given my being is inseparable from reality, what then?

What do you mean by ‘my being’?

@anon78228991

I mean everything that is the case, including someone who feels they have a problem, and someone responding to that.

Yes, it’s a lovely idea that we are not really separate. But that’s all it is.

@Dominic

As you see the thread has put a question. Not for purposes of making others ponder but clearly seeking an answer. In fact the guy wants and expects “answers” (to his question) and wants to process all the answers to hone into one problem as can be seen.

But when caviswa offers his suggestion of what he thinks the problem is, without any inquiry/unsubstantuated, , his unsubstantiated distorting game is seen:

In spite of harping about “humanity’s problems” in OP, when caviswa makes a suggestion, he rudely dismiss’s it;

When i join in and ask him about his answer, he says he doesn’t have one, and then proceeds to set the tone for an unsubstantiated and prejudicial accusation, accusing me of playing a game because i am offering an “answer”. At this point he doesn’t even know what my answer to his question is. I haven’t even given any answer/suggestion to his question (which he claims to seek by starting this thread, per his own words in OP). When reasonable doubts are raised on his intent, sincerity/seriousness for starting this thread, either not caring enough to look for himself and finding an initial answer/suggestion to offer us, giving us what he expects from us, he goes into an argumentative defensive mode as can be seen above. Without any evidence to support it he makes an unsubstantiated accusation (of argumentation). Now let’s look at some other facts. Per his own words to me and others:

And there are other similar utterances where he is saying the question asked in OP is a pretty simple and straightforward question, then he changes color and says to you:

After i walk away, clearly stating my observations and the reasons, he then posts another comment attempting to bring me back, yet again, by reformatting, distorting my words, and conflating the points this one had raised. These are all facts and can be seen above. While the tone and the projected authority in that post is laughable (thanks for the laughs), the contradictions between the facts of this thread and the arguments of logic given are even funnier.

The facts of the matter are, as we can see, this guy is playing a game. Clearly this isn’t an inquiry but a farce. He is afraid (which is why he isn’t giving an answer) (he knows what has happened in the past) and constantly on the defensive. Pulling out unsubstantiated accusations, defensive assumptions and presumptions out of thin air, making a fool of himself in the process, as we see.

Addendum:

This is form the OP:

It’s funny but everyone should notice the usage of the grammatical person. How he is going back and forth between second person singular- to third person plural, and everything in between, creating all kinds of ambiguous divisions and demands. Upon scrutiny they will find the senselessness of this thread and a clear indication of how this person’s mind works.

Ok but Paul telling Dominic that is as good a notion of being as anything else. So to return to the question of ‘our greatest problem’, given that there is such a thing, and given that it is in being, what then could this problem really be other than being itself? And given being is ordinarily perceived as taking place in reality, then is it not reality itself which is the greatest problem? Or is the greatest problem a smaller, localised occurrence, deep within that reality, and within that being?

I understand all that you are saying here. In truth the proceedings have become moribund and there is no real movement here. Things here are remarkably static and locked in place, in line with what is comforting and under control, and need breaking up.

I am telling you that you are being entranced by an idea, whether you call it being, reality, oneness, unity or some other pet word. That’s all. While you hold on to that, we are stuck. I am being direct; that’s the only being I know.

@anon78228991

Ok so now it’s on to pet words. You’re just going to have to get very firm with some of us here now, and start issuing on the spot fines. Do you have any notion of where you are going with all this or what you are really trying to do here with other human beings?

Fair enough, so that for you is being, and what you understand being to be right now. So does that being have a problem which is its greatest problem?

That’s right, now all you have to do do is ask the OP to relinquish that control, while assuring him he doesn’t have to be afraid.

Rather funny claim (highlighted above) from someone who seems to be an expert in evasion…but yes, the pressing question seems to be "So does that being have a problem which is it’s greatest problem?" Is the OP going to be honest and direct and give an answer that he so demands from others, or is he going to hide?

Yes, that’s very obviously so. Discontent comes up when I look at the last few weeks. It is not even that I want something on the current day. Obviously I compare my image of contentment with what actually happened.
(Sorry, I could not reply yesterday because I’m a new member. )

1 Like