What is our greatest problem in life?

An answer being something to start with, an observation, minus the game of ‘not knowing’. Do you have an observation from which the question has arose?

We are surrounded by problems. It is hardly a profound observation.

And this mundane observation has given rise to the question but hasn’t followed up with any subsequent inquiry, is that it?

I said it isn’t a profound observation; it doesn’t require elaborate explanation. There are problems throughout the whole of our lives at every level. What is at the centre of any problem? Perhaps if we can look into the centre of just one problem together we shall see into all our problems.

Yes you have said it in this thread. You have been at it for several years, haven’t you? You have come with the question without an observation to share, why is that? Is it on account of not following up, lack of sincerity, lack of seriousness, or something else?

No, the observation can be shared: we have many problems.

Alright, then we will proceed after you inquire deeper and find an ‘answer’ to the question to start from.

Then you want an argument.

Please don’t fall back to the usual games, that would be a continuity of the tragedy.

Don’t you? You have an answer. That’s recipe for argument.

Sir, stating an opinion as if it was a fact, an labeling it as if it is one, can be done even by argumentative fools. While i have no objection if you wish to act like one but prefer not to be part of it. Re: answer, one has already clarified it’s nature and it’s necessity. Please continue the game with others.

Delighted to continue. Let’s hope a few others join in. But you haven’t really clarified anything.

Is not the reason for indulging in this because I find it pleasurable, or pleasure in the pain it is, and is not pleasure isolation?

That’s too bad. An absence of comprehension can be a subjective issue, as it is in this case, and can be substantiated as a fact.

If it was someone less argumentative, demonstrating sincere wishes to understand/find out, free from games including but not limited to attempts to glean, or to push buttons, or unsubstantiated labeling asks me to clarify, then this one is willing to clarify again, how the objections (nothing but a misunderstood cheap emulation of K) related to the belittling of an “answer” have already been addressed in the comments above, but have not been understood on account of a failure in comprehension. But it isn’t going to be you, as you have clearly demonstrated that the question posed in the title isn’t as important to you as a battle/argument on semantics. I am not even counting the other defects. Take this response as a courtesy last reply, not an invitation to continue your argumentation.

1 Like

Indulging in what? He wants me to provide an answer in advance of enquiry. I refuse him because I have no answer to give. I have only the question. Let’s therefore be clear about the question before we throw any answers at it.

2 Likes

Then tell me again why the answer is so important, why it takes precedence over the question. I have no answer; that’s why I put the question. If you have an answer and have already located what is our greatest problem, spit it out; I am not preventing you. But I refuse to offer any answer myself because at the moment it would be mere conjecture. Any fool can make a stab at it, pluck something out of the air, out of memory. But even if one already has the perfect answer, the complete answer, it means absolutely nothing if the other person is not standing at the same place and looking in the same direction; then they are just sharing ideas and not an immediate observation of the same thing. So they are still looking at two different problems.

1 Like

To be honest: My greatest problem is my relationship to my girl friend.

1 Like

Here is how I am seeing it. Paul, who is a brain, has put a question, and caviswa has made a response, which as always is a ‘wrong’ response according to Paul’s brain. caviswa’s point, which I feel I grasp, is to do with what I would describe as a different and complementary mode of expression, and pointer to the fact of sub-conscious and unconscious forces at play within our conscious deliberations. Paul, as part of a well-known ‘play’ dismisses responses in line with a notion of not knowing, although knowns do at least appear to exist for him around ‘problem’, ‘greatest problem’, and ‘our’. The exchanges proceed and there is usual acrimony aroused with the same uncompromising stance taken. Taking a step back from it all, and with reference to the point caviswa was making, it can be seen that there is activity on the part of a brain, in which certain forces are at play, and certain outcomes sought, which can have their expression on a conscious level. A pattern emerges in which it can be seen, that a question intended to generate ‘buy in’ proceeds in a manner which at one level is doomed to failure, and is never really about the question per se, but which on another ‘level’ is successful, in that it obviously gets the brain involved something it is really after. So the seeming contradiction between the intention to enquire ‘together’ and the car crash that results, with the seeming inability to ever change it up, is reconciled by the brain involved getting what it intended for itself all along.

Please what i had put on the table - forget all those. These observations you had made about people - it creates an ‘image’ of the person - and restricts one to continue the discussions. I realized that in the previous discussions i made with Paul.

So, I kindly apologize for all - to straight a way put a question & a pattern of answer - scientifically. These are science facts - and i thought we may discuss about this - whether it actually happens as such. But it leads to somewhere else.

So, as Paul asked this, everyone ‘listen’ & put their ‘observations’ into this - and share what are all the problems on all your observations - and everyone ‘inquire’ together - not with an intention for an answer.

Sorry for all - but please don’t have ‘image’ of other persons - and start this discussions afresh - with ‘the problems they feel as important’ as Klaus & Paul pointed out

Howdy Klaus - Our most important relationships are our greatest teacher. They show us who we are, and they ask : what is most important - relationship or identity?
Which includes the question what is relationship? what is identity?