Universal mind?

You said you really dont mind Paul, so I will chime in here for a minute. I agree with Inquirys take here. You do seem to mimic Krishnamurti, the teacher, and play that role. It seems to be your persona. It is worth looking into, to see if there is any truth to it or not.

There was only one Krishnamurti and he did not want followers nor imitators. We are our own persons and dont need to sound like him or talk like him. It is best to speak like our own individual selves.

Also, it is good to speak tentatively, with doubt, not with certainty like we know. You do, at least it appears to me, to speak with too much certainty and not enough doubt. You seem too sure of yourself and too preachy at times.

Again there was only one Teacher, one who knew, who saw all of this clearly and now he is gone. And none of us knows for sure what he meant.

Good. So how shall we go about it? Where shall we start? Perhaps it would be better to begin a new thread about all this, rather than tag it on to Rick’s topic. What do you say?

Hi Paul, I started a new thread to discuss this issue. I was surprised you wanted to explore it publically rather than just look into yourself, watch yourself to see if there was any truth to what I said or not. Go to the new thread to read more :slight_smile:

I don’t want to be picky, but I don’t think “fired up” can be classed as a phrase. I would say it was a phrasal verb rather than an idiom. I understand an idiom to be an expression such as to be “over the moon” rather than a verb with a dependent preposition such as “fired up”. Of course, I may be wrong about this. I think the meaning of the expression “fired up” can be understood from the two words that it is comprised of whereas an idiom’s meaning can not be guessed from the words which make up the expression.

Tell it to these folks:

[quote=“Inquiry, post:258, topic:1723”]
Tell it to these folks
[/quote] Not sure about these beedictionary folks. The word “all” is added to “fired up” in the beedictionary definition so perhaps the three word phrase “all fired up” could be considered an idiom whereas “fired up” is a phrasal verb.