Universal mind?

Yes but you have demonstrated this enough already, havent you? Why continue to point it out I guess is what I am asking? And also it appears nothing is going to stop this person or others continuing to do the same things.

Also, to me at least, Krishnamurti, his teachings, and also this forum, there is nothing that needs to be defended or what not. This forum is a microcosm of society, of all the individuals, so of course, there is going to be some good and bad in it, as in society.

There are several on here who believe they understand and live Krishnamurtis teachings and they come here to teach or share their knowledge or what not. It was no different when K was alive. There was those who did similarly and this trend continues to this day. There will always be the teachers, the gurus, those who think they know etc.

So I think you did a good job addressing some of these issues, but I personally think it is time to let some of it go and just respond to the posts or ignore them, but stop highlighting the person or making it personal. Just sharing my two cents.

1 Like

You are not the only one doing it, but few do indeed, yes. There is some who point out how we are evil, selfish, stuck in the self/ego, dont get Ks teachings, are too intellectual, etc. There is danger here in fundamentalism I feel, being too righteous and condemning.

I appreciate your intentions and that you feel this must be done, and of course, I will not be able to talk you out of it, if this is what you feel you must do.

I just wanted to share my perspective and say I see what you are pointing out but nothing is changing on the forum and you are in danger of flagged posts, etc. But again, if you feel this must be done, of course, continue on in the same direction, but as you see, few will follow in your lead and confront like you do. Most are afraid of speaking up like this I would think.

Earlier in the thread, Douglas noticed you were a little aggressive and now Rick pointed this out and I also noticed and shared what I did. So Inquiry, it is being seen by several that you are a little fed up with this poster and I am just worried for you that you might be flagged or what not. I will stay out of it now, I shared what I had to share and you do what you have to do.

If Rick was referring to my replies to Paul Dimmock, he should have made it clear because I wasn’t sure what he meant by getting “fired up”,

Apparently, you get it verbally, conceptually and intellectually, but not actually. Yet verbally, conceptually and intellectually you are resisting a very simple invitation to do something that perhaps you have never done or even considered before. So the actual is not a different or a higher state of being. It is instead being used as an excuse not to change, not to engage, not to enquire. Getting it right verbally, conceptually and intellectually is the only actual - anything else is a lie.

This all fairly straightforward. You don’t have to carry on pretending that you don’t understand it.

Firstly, we feel that there are 2 people involved : me and the other guy - which is true in a way, so we must deal with both, not just our image of the other guy.
Secondly, if one method constantly fails, this is an opportunity to get creative - either in the relationship with my desires, or with the other guy.

Not just Paul. You seem generally more eager to engage than usual.

You don’t have to carry on pretending that you understand what we don’t.

David seems to think being “fired up” means being angry.

I am still trying to get a feel for you and your writing. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

I speak American English which is different from British English, and the difference may be what you’re “trying to get a feel for”. The phrase “fired up” is what’s called an idiom.

fired up:
Feeling very excited or passionate about something.

The crowd is getting really fired up right now, so let’s send out the starters for the game.

Don’t go and talk to the boss while you’re all fired up like this—wait until you’re calmer so you don’t say something you’ll regret.

I always get all fired up whenever I hear this song—it makes me feel like I could take on the world!

It is up to you - the invitation remains.

You keep repeating your precious belief that there is something one can choose to do that changes everything. You don’t understand that whatever you choose to do is just more of the same.

It has nothing to do with belief. We must learn to live with one another. There is no choice in the matter. Can we do this together? This is our invitation. Then enquiry, engagement and change is one whole action of relationship, not a thousand contradictory activities. Change is now, not tomorrow. Change occurs when we look directly at what we are without shying away from it.

Who issues this “invitation”?

enquiry, engagement and change is one whole action of relationship, not a thousand contradictory activities. Change is now, not tomorrow. Change occurs when we look directly at what we are without shying away from it.

You deliver this sermon as if you have looked directly at what you are and have undergone radical change, but anyone familiar with K’s teaching can believe they have undergone this change, and many of them do.

Unfortunately, those less familiar with the teaching and the effect it has on certain people, will mistake you and other believers for what you mistake yourselves to be. You may think you’re helping others by what you’re doing, but you’re actually doing harm.

So in what way have you been harmed? Be honest about it. Don’t fudge the issue by referring to some vague concept of what other people believe or don’t believe. If you’re harmed, where are you harmed? If you feel hurt by a direct question, find out why. Probably you won’t address this question directly, but this is the invitation - and the invitation remains.

It’s no surprise you don’t know what harm you’re doing, even though I spelled it out for you. You’re too deep in denial and delusion.

Then spell it out again. Be very clear about it, unequivocal, precise. I really don’t mind.

As I said yesterday:

Unfortunately, those less familiar with the teaching and the effect it has on certain people, will mistake you and other believers for what you mistake yourselves to be. You may think you’re helping others by what you’re doing, but you’re actually doing harm.

Prior to that I said that you make a mockery of the teaching by mimicking the teacher, and that you trivialize the teaching by playing the role of teacher.

Why not let them decide for themselves? Have you been hurt? That’s the question.