True awareness!

Most of us are not understanding what is awareness, what it entails to be aware.
Most of us are only partially aware. Of a certain fragment or thought or certain emotion. That is not awareness.
I see that one needs to be fully aware of oneself from ‘top to bottom’, passively, from moment to moment. This entails a lot of playing around to be able to be aware. This ’ top to bottom’ passivity Is very crucial and requires a lot of energy, patience and intelligence.
Just experiment with this approach and the universe seems to open up.

1 Like

Passive in the sense of not directing? How do yoy reconcile the need for energy? It must take patience, energy, intelligence but I wanted to ask.

Yes not directing, not controlling or trying to change etc.

To be aware , to stay with ‘what is’ does require energy because the normal tendency of the mind is to escape, control etc.

Yes, but it may not take any more energy than it does to be constantly distorting awareness.

The brain can continue for the rest of its life escaping and distorting awareness, or awaken to what it is doing and find the illumination of self-knowledge more worthwhile than chasing its tale.

Or the brain can yo-yo back and forth between the real and the fantastic. I think we are prone to doing this: catching glimpses of reality and then running tail tucked back to our fantasy lives. Reality demands a strong constitution, it’s not for the faint of heart!

heh heh heh :slight_smile:

The conditioned brain is constantly “catching glimpses of reality” and reacting by distorting and dismissing these glimpses to conform with its beliefs about what should/should-not-be.

Reality demands a strong constitution, it’s not for the faint of heart!

Krishnamurti is not for the faint of heart.

True. What I meant is a little different: catching glimpses of understanding the true nature of reality. These Ahas! are rare, but they occur I’d wager for most people.

Reality demands a strong constitution, it’s not for the faint of heart!

Krishnamurti is not for the faint of heart.

He is fire, and I’m guessing we’ve all gotten burned from time to time.

What Krishnamurti called “partial insights”.

He [Krishnamurti] is fire, and I’m guessing we’ve all gotten burned from time to time.

I should be ashes by now.

Partial insights sounds about right.

You are ashes with the occasional ember still glowing. :wink:

Don’t you think it is easier to escape (though it has consequence) than face something like say fear. Or indulge in our desires than to observe ourselves while there is desire? So that shift from indulgence to observation is where the energy is required.

And this energy is not the energy of the will or control or any ‘determination’ to remain observant etc.

And the more interesting part is as this awareness works on and goes deeper a gathering of the energies takes place (which otherwise would have been dissipated in our indulgences and escapes). So even if initially one may not have the energies required but eventually we find ourselves more energetic.

We can only speculate what that “shift” requires. Perhaps more energy, or perhaps less resistance. We don’t really know.

Less resistance of course leads to more energy(less wastage)

Why speculate? Try it. Find out.

In a way the ‘observing energy’ is always there, passive. The art is ‘allowing it’ to see what is taking place? Becoming aware in the moment of ‘it’s’ Presence which is usually unheeded.

Not sure what you want to convey here. Are you suggesting that, whether we are aware or not the observing energy is always there?

In which case in non awareness obviously there is a dissipation and wastage of energy which is not the case in awareness.

Yes always there…we have just managed through our confusion of what we are to generally keep it at bay?

Telling someone to try it and find out implies that you have tried it and found out. Have you?

There’s no this or that kind of energy - there’s only energy moving from one function to another, or, as Krishnamurti put it, “gathering” by not being dissipated.

The more aware the brain is of its conditioned response and reaction, the less determined it is to actively effect change because understanding what it’s doing is the change.

Awareness is free. It is in everything and everything is in it. We don’t see that awareness is what we are. The brain has been conditioned to see itself as an ‘individual’. It’s not , it’s an organ similar to 8 billion other organs…each believing itself to be unique because of its ‘contents of consciousness’. The past occupies the brain and keeps it from being quiet. It imagines itself divided from everyone and everything else. It tries to find that which will unite it to the world but as K pointed out again and again, “You are the world”!!

…and “There is no division”!!

Every brain is an individual brain, so each one of us is an individual human, but as you say, because each brain identifies more with its contents than what is beyond itself, each brain considers itself the center of everything that exists.

Can the brain awaken to the fact that its individuality, its unique identity, is not what matters most about being human? I ask because what matters (it seems to me) is whether the human brain can find out what it means to be human. Can the human brain understand why it operates as if everything revolves around I, me, mine, when clearly this is insane?

I think that it went ‘off the track’ because as Bohm put it, ‘it could’. It was a new brain that could ask questions that had never been asked before. But I think it is possible for it to change but time may be running out. Quantum computers are on the horizon and who knows what that will bring about?

But to your question, the brain / thought, fearing the image of being no- thing (not realizing that being no-thing was being every-thing) , opted to be…some-thing: I, me, mine?