Listening to K

Knowledge of “the immensity” doesn’t make any difference to the self-limiting brain because its notion of freedom is being free to believe whatever it chooses to believe when and where it decides to exercise that choice.

Having seen all the beliefs it has already been through, maybe it’s time to question ‘belief’ itself?

Isn’t that what we’re doing?

Isn’t that what we’re doing?

Yes it is!..

Back in the sixties it was believed that one could learn by sleeping while a recording is playing, but research didn’t confirm the belief because there was no evidence to support it. Is there new research on so-called “sleep-learning”?

There some new research linked in Sleeping With Krishnamurti

K makes the positive assertion that listening is necessary for transformation and it is not done. When it was suggested to me that, because of the things I talked about, I would like what some guy named Krishnamurti also talked about. I read Think On These Things almost 50 years ago. It was his insistence of the truth of listening that drew me to stay with his talks. It was, back then, and is, now, also a truth for me. And, still, almost nobody listens.

Be a light to yourself Bob. Others have to come to it or not in their own time?

The great thing about written dialogue is that we can carefully lay out what we want to say - thus what we have written can enlighten us about what we are saying, who we are being - it tells us a story about what we are, what drives us. If we care to listen.

PS. Like here above - I’m being a bit preachy and a bit cowardly.

Yes, Bob, are you listening?

My introduction to Krishnamurti was “Think on These Things”, too. But I don’t think I listen or see any better than I ever did for having studied K’s teaching. All K’s teaching has done for me is to lay bare the self-centered sensibility that confinement to the limits of the brain’s conditioning sustains, and the false sense of escape from this limitation that imagination and belief provide until (if ever) the brain awakens to what it is doing.

Hello Dev and all. I have a friend (he doesn’t read K) who “practises” meditation with a kind of guru guiding him. He says things like, “I’m progressing - there are more and more gaps between my thoughts.” Now this may be true, but it always rings hollow to me. I’m not sure why. Is it the case that even saying such things reduces the likelihood of innocence occuring in the future?

Doesn’t judging another affirm myself? Strengthen my ego?

1 Like

There’s a bully born every minute. How does one respond to a bully without bullying back? May not be possible and therein lies the sorrow of mankind.

1 Like

Maybe judging anything affirms “myself”. But what is judgement’s right place?

1 Like

Surely not in confirmation of our existing biases? (for science or innocence we have to move in the opposite direction)

What do we want? No frontiers to consciousness! When do we want it?..

PS. Your friend won’t last a minute in the Kinfonet ring : there is no progression of the self. You don’t win by comparing the length of your silences between thoughts.

1 Like

Hi Emile
I’m guessing about your post. Could you explain who is the “bully” that you are referring to?

FF Sake! Never expose a bully! That would be bullying - which is probably why the fellow is a bully in the first place.

Conditioned thought. Therefore, all of us.

1 Like

We work at self-improvement because we want to feel better about ourselves, but if it seems to me that I may be nothing but who/what I think I am, self-improvement can be the path of escape from who I am to who I am becoming.

If I need a ripe avocado or melon, I need the knowledge necessary to ‘judge’ whether what I’m holding in my hand fills the bill…but as regards the kind of ‘transformation ‘ that we are discussing here, who among us has the knowledge to say that the path taken by another is the ‘wrong one’ for them?