Krishnamurti

Please give me the link of this video.

At the time of his desth Dr. Parchure, Mary Zimbalist and Scott Fobes were near him.

Abot 10 days before his death he did say to me, " Sir, i am surrounded by people who have no idea what i am talking about." For more details read , " Krishnamurti, the open door" by Mary Lutyens.
With best wishes
Krishna

I don’t have it. I watched the video at a Krishnamurti gathering.

I watched it. I found it by searching for “Krishnamurti’s last public talk” . To me it is quintessentially K. It is what he has been saying all along.
Why are you asking me? Why aren’t you thinking about all this for yourself? Why do you think there are answers? Why don’t you look at all this thought activity with responsibility?
They are not questions to treat emotionally, or intellectually, they are pointing to this habit of looking to others, to authority, to method, and all that process we take, falsely, to be intelligent thinking.

To understand something is to “get it”, and it’s K’s expression of his understanding that no one “got”.

It seems that the transformation is beyond description or explanation. One can get the idea and grasp the concept, but there’s no comprehension because it’s like a two-dimensional being trying to imagine three-dimensions: it can’t be done. Paradoxically, however, realizing it can’t be done is what does it.

I think K says something similar in this quote from The Urgency of Change:

Any movement from what I am strengthens what I am. So change is no movement at all. Change is the denial of change, and now only can I put the question: is there change at all? This question can only be put when all movement of thought has come to an end, for thought must be denied for the beauty of non-change. In the total negation of all movement of thought away from what is is the ending of what is.

A convoluted way of saying “realizing the limitation of thought”.

Thought is two-dimensional, binary, dualistic; it can’t comprehend anything more complex.

@Inquiry

“Thought is two-dimensional, binary, dualistic; it can’t comprehend anything more complex.”

I feel that thought is multi-dimensional and it move its operating point very easily. Jiddu tried to bring back the state of mind towards the origin, by his lectures.

Maybe my understanding could be different in this context. :slight_smile:

No blame but an observation. Thought is needed in material life but not in the psy world.

Please explain what “the psy world” is.

Sorry Inquiry, I tried to resist responding to this, but since I stumbled upon it, it has bothered me, I cannot let it go.

Do you really believe Krishnamurti was physically senile during his last talk? I do remember reading he had recently fallen, and was in bad shape physically, he had cancer, and would be dead in a few months. But psychologically, his mind, I thought it was as sharp as ever. I thought that last talk was brilliant and perceptive. I know it is hard watching him in that video, physically seeing him so frail and physically weak and sick. And I do agree it was painful to watch that part where he focused his wrath on that poor one fellow, but do you really think his brain aged or deteriorated or was senile?

I didn’t watch the whole thing because, as you say, it was painful, so I shouldn’t have commented on it. Perhaps he was “brilliant and perceptive” on that occasion.

Thanks for clarifying ‘Inquiry’ makes much more sense now your previous comments. BTW people still quote from him from that final talk, they were moved by some of the things he said in it. Just look at the comments on youtube from that talk, and you will see how many were moved by that talk and his presence, energy, especially those that were there in person for this final talk. So yes, he was a frail old man who was very irritable, but at the same time, he still had his same energy and presence and silence that people there could feel.

Painfulness,

One hasn’t seen this video, so one wonders…

What does it mean when one says that it felt painful??

One sees terrible things on the news from all over the world, and the tears come to one’s eyes. That is because one is sorrow. One doesn’t turn away, turn one’s eyes away - escape. One observes.

For me, when I said it was painful to watch, I meant that it was painful to see Krishnamurti so old, frail, sick, cranky, irritable, and so close to physical death, for he would be dead in a few months.

What does “minding what happens" mean? As I see it, it means first that the prospect of certain things happening arouses fear, anger, jealousy, worry, anxiety, depression, excitement, and so on. These emotions in turn trigger the desire to alter what is happening, through condemnation, justification, efforts to manipulate the facts, and so on. No?

And, as I see it, “NOT minding what happens" means not making efforts to end the emotions and the resulting desires, condemnation, and so on. As K expressed it in the quote provided by Ken above, it means not to “demand anything from anybody or from life”. To me, that includes not demanding conformity to any idea or ideal from oneself or anyone.

1 Like