Is there a non-ego I?

You can always try if you really want, I will not back out. So do the first step.
What I foresee is that after a while the dialogue will be monopolised or worse boycotted by those people who are here to magnify their ego.

Done. I started a thread for a dialogue exploring the self and opened it with a Krishnamurti quote about what he means by dialogue. If anyone feels the thread is going against Krishnamurti’s notion of dialogue, let’s make sure to voice this concern. We’ll see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Dear Voyager,

To your question, YES.

To your comment afterwards:

Why not? Who decided that? eh? You see, just the fact of saying that - is that for some obscure reason (joking here) - you have arrived at a conclusion and effectively blocked yourself. So, don’t say things like that. In other words, how do you know that you can’t do that?

Oh, you can, can you? Do tell… (intellectual insights are meaningless…)

I had no idea that there was such a thing as a “healthy” debate.
I just looked up the word “debate”…

“late 14c., “to quarrel, dispute,” also “to combat, fight, make war” (senses now archaic), also “discuss, deliberate upon the pros and cons of,” from Old French debatre (13c., Modern French débattre), originally “to fight,” from de- “down, completely” (see de-) + batre “to beat,” from Latin battuere “beat” (see batter (v.)).”

Charley yells batter batter !!!

“In the game of baseball, it can be traditional to try to break the concentration of the person on the opposing team who is to hit the ball (the batter) by yelling things to distract them. An old, common thing to yell is, “Hey, batter batter SWING” to make them swing the bat at the wrong time and not hit the ball.”

Charley yells batter batter !!!

lol, not going to participate in anything like that - debate - :laughing:

Charley doesn’t really think about anything… just observation and response.

I’m a long whole life trying it and it didn’t work. So, if you have succeded in doing it, you must tell me how you did it. If we want to stick to K., he said that is awareness that puts thought in its right place (and not in a shelf). Therefore I gather that what you are expressing is a personal idea,

I don’t know if I can do it all the times in all cases, that would be rather presumptuous on my part. But I think I have done it here, in the past, and in the present and even with you. Of course one can always say that’s only MY truth and that ends the exploration. I have the feeling that in answering in that way you are only escaping the problem, not a theoretical or intellectual problem, but the practical problem of what is happening in this forum. Never for a moment you took it into consideration. Does it not interest you or you think that what I said it’s not true? Please be direct in your answer.

You are not being sincere here, you are still escaping and ignoring the main issue and wasting time in etymological digressions. It’s evident that you are reacting and your reaction shows a strong psychological resistence. In your first post you asked: “let’s be friend” or something of the sort. I didn’t reply to you because I thought it was granted. Only a sincere friendship can sustain a useful conversation, even when the topic is quite sensible, friendship helps to overcome the psychological resistence. I can see now that you think I’m your “enemy” and there is a clear hostile tone in your answer. To me a friend is someone to who I can talk freely and frankly, even brutally if necessary, but always with affection and the best intentions.

You hinted at the voyager who can’t take his house with him, but it’s so evident here how you are clinging to the things you think you have attained and you can’t afford to doubt about them. That is just what happens when one “went alone” (by the way you didn’t answer to my question about that too and instead made another etymological digression: it seems you are fond of etimology. Me too! But I don’t use it to escape a confrontation).

Of course you will not, you might discover that all the things you cling to are mere illusions.

In another thread I used an expression I borrowed from a Zen story. I said that the ego stinks, so we can sniff it. I can feel quite a good bad smell here :grinning:

Non ego means not self centered, whatch the world and be the world. No self defence of the image I have from myself. Descover the critics of me are may be right. The realization of it, is transformation. I am not necessary the person I have been yesterday. Do I see this all ?