Contradictory

Does fact have an opposite or only ideas have opposites and therefore they are contradictory?
Does contradiction only exist in human consciousness / thought?

Does death have an opposite ?
Can one move away from death ?
Can one truly create the opposite of death ?
What would be the opposite of death that nullifies death ?

To me, a fact is as irrevocable and unarguable as death.
Living in/as/with facts is seeing that opposition is a mind created effort that hides the ā€œwhat isā€.

Donā€™t get too attached to human perspectives. Objective reality is based on the workings of nature which is free of any man made ideas of gods, religions, and even all the sciences. To better understand how nature works, learn to read nature directly and try to discover where nature derives her diversity, power and continuous potential for change ā€¦ good luck!

We donā€™t know death . We know what happens before death which is illness. Fear exists only in relationship to the known to the imagined.

What makes you think that one is attached to human perspective?

Death has significance only psychologically. Dying to oneā€™s attachment and addiction to pleasures of all kind. We have food addiction, sex addiction,drug addiction, verbal addiction(talking endlessly )and so on to die to. So there is a lot of work to be doneā€¦

1 Like

Hello there!
Thanks for raising the question ā€¦ :slight_smile:
Have you learned to apply the perspective of another life form?
If yes, which one? ā€¦ lol

Sounds abstract to meā€¦What is ā€œperspective of another life formā€ I donā€™t want to guss what you meanā€¦please be clear if you canā€¦

All non-human life forms fall under ā€œother life formsā€ ā€¦
You are so attached to being human - how about your imagination?

All of human problems originates from imagination or thought. Imagination is escape from ā€œwhat isā€ into ā€œwhat should beā€ which implies time. Images prevent the brain from direct perception of the truth. These are facts not my perspective or opinion on factsā€¦

When I look at nature without the ā€œmeā€, without any idea about opposites, I can perceive things as they are in themselves, and while doing so I cannot tell whether the objects or phenomena that I am observing are actually standing in opposition to themselves or among themselves. But when I look through my idea of opposites, I find that natural phenomena can be described in terms of opposites operating in harmony. Taking, for instance, light and darkness as natural opposites I see that light shines from the sun in the midst of darkness, a natural phenomenon that can be described as occurring totally free from any form of resistance since darkness seems to yield to light; and if the sun would cease to shine, then light would be yielding to darkness, and in this yielding is where I see harmony occurring. I also see that neither light nor darkness contradict themselves in being what they are. Other natural phenomena can be described in a similar way. Therefore, the contradictions that I might see in whatever it is that I am looking at can only be a projection of my own contradictions.

1 Like

Very poetic ā€¦ how do you look at anything without being you?

During the short period of time that the mind is in a state of attention all thinking activity, which is the working of the ā€œmeā€ and is all the activity that the ā€œmeā€ does, is suspended and during that short period of suspension there is perception, that is, the mind is looking without the interference of knowledge accumulated in the brain as memory. This is something that happens to all of us, or that we all do, without being aware of it most of the time; it is not poetry, it is a fact. So, perhaps we could say, or maybe not, that poetry and facts are opposites.

2 Likes

would it help if we explained what we mean by ā€œmeā€ or self?

Do we mean the discriminating mind? stuff that involves naming, knowing and judging?

1 Like

Opposites are the creation of thought. Black is not the opposite of white, sane is not the opposite of insane light is not the opposite of dark, good is not the opposite of bad, health is not the opposite of illness . There are no opposites in nature .

For that matter, there is no ā€˜natureā€™ either?

naā€¢ture

(ĖˆneÉŖ tŹƒÉ™r)

n.

1. the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization.

2. the elements of the natural world, as mountains, trees, animals, or rivers.

3. natural scenery.

4. the universe, with all its phenomena.

5. the particular combination of qualities belonging to a person, animal, thing, or class by birth, origin, or constitution; native or inherent character.

6. character, kind, or sort: two books of the same nature.

7. characteristic disposition; temperament: an evil nature.

8. the natural, primitive condition of humankind.

9. biological functions or urges.

10. the laws and principles that guide the universe or an individual.

Idioms:

by nature, as a result of inborn or inherent qualities; innately.

[1200ā€“50; Middle English natur(e) < Old French < Latin nātÅ«ra=nāt(us), past participle of nāscÄ« to be born + -Å«ra -ure]

Random House Kernerman Websterā€™s College Dictionary, Ā© 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

opā€¢poā€¢site

(ĖˆÉ’p ə zÉŖt, -sÉŖt)

adj.

1. situated or lying face to face with something else or each other, or placed in corresponding positions across an intervening line, space, etc.: at opposite ends of a room.

2. contrary or radically different, as in nature, qualities, or significance; opposed: opposite sides in a controversy.

3. being the other of two related or corresponding things: the opposite sex.

4. Bot. situated on diametrically opposed sides of a stem, as leaves occurring in pairs at a node.

5. adverse or inimical.

n.

6. a person or thing that is opposite or contrary.

7. antonym.

prep.

8. across from; facing: to sit opposite the fireplace.

9. in a role parallel or complementary to.

adv.

10. on or to the opposite side: I was at one end and she sat opposite.

[1350ā€“1400; < Middle French < Latin oppositus, past participle of oppōnere to set against]

opā€²poā€¢siteā€¢ly, adv.

opā€²poā€¢siteā€¢ness, n.

Random House Kernerman Websterā€™s College Dictionary, Ā© 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Definitions are creations of thought?

Thought is contradictory and oppositional therefore in conflict. There is no opposite or conflict in nature , conflict exists only in human consciousness ā€¦