You are afraid to jump into unknown

Caring is sensitivity. When you give complete attention to what-is, you’re caring enough to observe your conditioned response, which is your learned insensitivity.

So we have a division- those who are sensitive and those who are not. The sensitive ones are impatient and frustrated at the less sensitive ones because they don’t care enough. There is a kind of hierarchy here with the “carers” on top. Sensitivity, like everything else, is surely learned. Some people probably believe that we are born sensitive or insensitive but that’s not what I’ve seen.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Well, most of us probably think we are pointing to “what is” most of the time here rather than giving opinions.

Hi again Alistair. What you say above makes a lot of sense to me. Thought seems to continually rush in and interpret everything from the point of view of past experience. We come back to the question of our minds becoming, perhaps, more aware of the movement of thought. Is that how you see things?

Hi Sean, yes indeed, this is how I see things. Is awareness something totally new and thought comes in and says " I am aware" and immediately makes the ‘new’ into the ‘old’ ? When I name the ‘sunset’ and say “How beautiful it is” is the ‘new’ being interpreted in terms of the ‘old’ ? When I look at the sunset or a beautiful tree is ‘thought’ necessary at all? If it is not necessary why does it come in? When it does come in can one watch its movement without any motive to change, go beyond, end it or justify it? Also if there is a motive, is the mind quiet enough to see the motive? If the motive is clearly seen is there any other action required?

And since “most of us”, the majority, tend to believe that believing is more rewarding than questioning, the rest of us, the minority, know that belief is only a bus stop, and that only bums and drunks try to live in bus stops.

Not until a new motive arrives to keep things going.

You’ve obviously never been homeless or you would never have written anything so insensitive.

1 Like

I’ve been homeless, I’ve been a bum, I’ve been a drunk. Bums and drunks have given up. There’s more dignity in that than in persisting in a wild goose chase or a lost cause.

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting. I don’t really follow the last part of your post but maybe save that for another day.

@alistair Hi

If we are choice-lessly aware - even if thought arises as such (i.e. new into old) - the thought gets aware of itself.

In my view - expressing something like ‘beautiful’ - is an immediate response - and that is not being in terms of ‘old’ i.e. No comparison with past memories in form of thought. It does not stop watching the movement. But when after expressing it, if thought arises and says “I must watch this or live here for my entire life” as such - then it is a form of comparison (‘new’ into ‘old’).
We can’t say thought is necessary or not. It’s nature. And if we are choice-lessly aware - the thought itself watches it’s own movement and in that very seeing - it ends.

If there is motive in that thought and if thought not gets aware of itself (in choice-less awareness, the thought sees itself and not the mind) - then we will be carried away by the motive - and no stopping/any action is useful.

1 Like

This "choicerless awareness is a discovery we have to come upon. The words do not describe it.

Yes Yes. Of course - words does not. It needs immense energy to observe the whole movement of ‘I’ (i.e. thought,etc…)

And no effort!..

1 Like