Why Don't We Change After All These Years?

I don’t spend my days focusing on the bad, I assure you. My point is only that the good can stay as is…it’s the bad that needs fixing. And it very badly needs fixing. If you don’t have blinders on you can see that very clearly. I don’t see where the misunderstanding comes from.

It’s getting late out here, but I’ll sign off with one last thought. Can the good stay as is, or does it need to understood, nurtured and given strength and vitality? I feel you’re focusing on half the story somehow. Our societies are mixtures of order and disorder - and so when you talk of the mess only, that’s maybe where the misunderstanding comes from. To be clear though, I agree there are parts of our societies and selves that badly need some fixing.

Goodnight.

If the ‘fixer’ of the bad is the one who created it, why would one expect that there could be a radical change?

K. said that ‘the house is burning’. When your house is burning you don’t stay inside and focus on enjoying all the good ‘stuff’ you’ve accumulated. You get out. I agree Dan with your point. It’s the ‘me’…the self…that’s the wrong turn K talked of.

I only said that it needs fixing…addressing…the ‘wrong turn’ humanity took. I didn’t say ‘I’ could fix it. But it sure does need addressing, unless we’re happy to live as we have been doing for many thousands of years with all the wars and suffering.

Isn’t what has to be addressed the fact that we see ourself as being separate from what takes place in the world? That I’m here and that’s going on ‘out’ there?

Yes, of course. But the question of fraggie is not only wrongly formulated but also off topic. I was simply describing what happens to me during the observation of thoughts, without entering into the implications of the issue.

Fraggie, you are talking like a school teacher. And what is worse you don’t realize that your whole speech is just fried air.

1 Like

When i grow up i would like to be as wise as you!

You had better say: I would like to be as dumb as you. There are too many wise people in this forum.

“Old pond
A frog jumps in –
The sound of water”

Understood. I often do the same…describe ‘what is’…not what should or might be.

1 Like

Sorry? My you seem to really have a grand vision of your flawless understanding do you not? I described what I felt were the reasons I may not want to change. What K is talking about is, essentially in my view, a psychological death. The death of the illusion of the self which we have all become so fond of and attached to.

I suggest you judge your own reasons for not changing if not wanting to change is a fact for you. None of us are qualified to judge why others don’t want to change.

You didn’t describe anything and you know it. Hence my request for further elaboration. But if you consider that the answer to my question is a reaction, then maybe the problem is yours, not mine.

You’re starting to become a bore. I suggest you let it drop. I don’t have to either explain or defend anything to you.

If you think you have the right to say whatever comes to your mind about others, then i have the right to say that you are here for MERE ENTERTAINMENT … That’s all.

Thanks for the laughs fraggle. Every forum needs comic relief.

My God! :man_facepalming:

K.: “The self is evil”

1 Like

“JackPine, post:181, topic:257”
(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I’m glad you realized what the “me” was trying to do to you.