Who flags and is it fair?

Yes this is so. There has to be that perception that sees that you as observer, thinker, poster, etc don’t ‘exist’ apart from the observations, thoughts, posts….that ‘you’ as the generator of those actions don’t actually exist. That is what awakens the brain to a new and different reality. That is what ‘stepping out’ of the ‘stream’ of yourself means. That is the ‘first step, and the last’. But also a beginning, as @H20 mentioned, there is a lot of conditioning to “unfold”.

The list of self-proclaiming free brains grows…

I’ll leave it there…….

Yes you can’t, but you can see hate for what it is , a poison…

Does it matter whether the the brain personifies itself as a character or identifies itself as the brain? If the brain isn’t confused, doesn’t mistake its imagined character for a real person who’s behavior must be justified, explained, or accounted for, there’s no problem, no confusion, no need to perceive for the first time that I is anything other than a fictitious character that can’t do anything but be blamed or credited for what the brain does.

The brain does things it attributes to I. Why? Is the brain passing the buck, blaming its imagined self for the questionable, objectionable, or punishable things it does? If so, the brain has a problem only insight can solve. But if the brain has no illusion that its self is anything more than the personification of thought, there is no separation; the observer is clearly the observed. This insight is a profound reconfiguration, but not total transformation.

That is what awakens the brain to a new and different reality. That is what ‘stepping out’ of the ‘stream’ of yourself means. That is the ‘first step, and the last’. But also a beginning, as @H20 mentioned, there is a lot of conditioning to “unfold”.

Yes, you’ve awakened to “a new and different reality”, stepped out of yourself, so to speak, but this step isn’t the last step, and, as you say, this is “a beginning…there is a lot of conditioning to unfold”.

Knowing I am not who or what I think I am or pretend to be is liberating, but it is not absolute freedom. The brain is still limited by its conditioning because only now, after thousands of years, has it found out how radically mistaken it can be. It has yet to find out what it is to be outside of, beyond the brain.

Yes , you can only see hate if you are humble in the true sense…