What is psychological time?

What is psychological time? Is the movement of psychological time observable? If we’re observing ourselves in relationship, where is this psychological time observed? What exactly is it?
K: So one of the factors of our life is time. Has time - we are going together to find out what is time, how great part time plays in our life and whether time - which is the process of division, time which is a beginning and an ending, time which is becoming - whether that time, apart from chronological time, apart from the time of the sun rising, sun setting, the beauty of a full moon and the slip of the new moon, whether time has a part in or excludes beauty.
K: We are saying that thought and time are the root of fear. We explained somewhat. You can work it out for yourself, the nature of time. Time is division - as yesterday, today and tomorrow. Time of something that has happened which was painful a week ago and might happen again. The remembrance of the past projecting into the future, and be afraid of that which might happen.- Bombay Jan.1983

**So, does psychological time have the nature of thoughts which imply something might occur in the future? Is this ‘future’ a projection of thought? Is there an awareness, when a thought of this nature arises, that it’s the imagination, or is it taken as truth?
How about all “if” statements? “If you do this.” “If we stay with it.” “If you see the false.” Who? When?
Do all “If” ideas move away from what is?

K: When I am heavenly, saintly, tremendously, deeply, supremely intelligent, everything will be over. But I’m not! So please have the goodness not to introduce the words “when,” “if,” and should. You are avoiding the question. - Saanen Aug.1966

**When we make statements saying, ‘When, if, and should’, is that perpetuating the illusion of psychological time?

From a linguistic standpoint I shall now endeavour to avoid the use of the aforementioned 3 words (when if should) for the next ten days, coz that sounds like fun. :smiley: :partying_face:

However, the idea that by studying the contents of our consciousness (thoughts, beliefs, emotions, knowledge etc) one may learn something that would lead to some kind of liberating conclusion, might well be a perpetuation of psy time (and accumulation of knowledge - some kind of inter-dependance going on there obviously)

I’m not saying anyone here is actually advising us to pursue the method described above.

It is the puzzlement self is at itself, and the questions it has of itself. It is the sense of itself having been, and its desire to continue.

In the use of everyday language, it is the way we live.
In the context of serious inquiry, yes, it is a shift away from immediacy of complete integrated living, to think there is ability, I can or will do something, or not.

What is psychological time?

It is the fallacy (hope, wish, desire?) that there is something else, other than what is happening now?