What does trolling mean in social media?

To me trolling is intentionally ignoring someone comment and responding something that has nothing to do with the comment .

I can Google that word troll but I am not looking for quick answers. I am interested about what this K group has to say about trolling or being a troll…

First of all, anonymity. This seems to be the hallmark of the troll.

That’s not what a troll is.

A troll is the online equivalent of a heckler.

Is every comment worthy of a reply?

1 Like

Troll:

a. A person who posts inflammatory or otherwise unwanted material on an electronic forum, especially anonymously.
b. The material so posted.
[Middle English trollen, to wander about, from Old French troller, of Germanic origin

Sometimes inflammation is just what a forum needs to stay honest.

Krishnamurti’s talks were filled with inflammatory material! It was kind of his thing.

That said, the inflammation needs to be skillfully applied, not an easy task.

How on earth did you come up with that conclusion?

Could you provide a few examples of this “inflammatory material”?

@Examiner and @Inquiry for me (maybe not for you) the ‘impossible question’ Krishnamurti asks – Can we be utterly free of conditioning? – is deeply provocative. And that’s what I mean by inflammatory: provocative, boat-rocking, not ‘inciting to violence.’

Then the right thing is to open a blog about Krishnamurti 's impossible question and find out the truth.

(Way) above my pay grade! I’d probably end up going in circles, i.e. nowhere, and not the good kind of nowhere. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but not “inflammatory”.

Was my ‘inflammatory’ inflammatory?

No. My need to conserve energy precludes such extravagance.

I wouldn’t have taken you for a conservative.

“We never put the impossible question. We are always putting the question of what is possible. If you put an impossible question, your mind then has to find the answer in terms of the impossible, not of what is possible. All the great scientific discoveries are based on this”
Krishnamurti the impossible question