Thinking

Is it possible to think our way out of division and, therefore, possibly bring about an end to conflict?

What do you think, is it possible?

Why would I want to think my way out of division, and why would I want to bring about an end to conflict?

Is this a serious question?

Let’s explore. And we are not referring to thought that is required to solve practical issues or practical problems. We obviously need to think to do a job and other similar things. What is left then is thought which we may call ‘psychological’. That is the thought we are looking at. Yes?

Why would I want to think my way out of division, or out of conflict, or out of anything at all?

When so many people try to do it, why wouldn’t you?

Of course! Questioning is based on thinking. And without questioning oneself and others how is one to discover that supposed “truth” that is supposedly beyond thought?

Because no one wants to be constantly in conflict? :thinking:

1 Like

Let’s explore. And we are not referring to thought that is required to solve practical issues or practical problems. We obviously need to think to do a job and other similar things. What is left then is thought which we may call ‘psychological’. That is the thought we are looking at. Yes?

No , we are caught in a human crisis that it seems that we are incapable to resolve it…

How would you define “psychological” thought and how do we distinguish that kind of thinking from planning/problem kind of thinking?

[quote=“O7007, post:11, topic:2775”]
it seems that we are incapable to resolve it
[/quote
Do each of us realize our individual crisis? Is it possible to resolve that?

It seems that you have defined it, haven’t you? By asking the question is this thinking a practical planning/problem solving thought? If not, by default, it’s psychological. For instance, beliefs, philosophies, opinions.

1 Like

Why would I want to try to do what so many people try to do themselves—think their way out of conflict, division, or whatever else?

As it seems that we can’t think our way out of division and conflict, can we look at a different approach? Can we also look at why thinking doesn’t seem to work?

If you’re at that point where you see that thought “doesn’t seem to work”, what is there to talk about? Maybe it’s time to be quiet and attentive instead of publishing your thoughts.

Are you obliged to read my posts? Where does it say that? If you find them too troubling, just ignore them.

Of course not, and I don’t come here to ignore certain people, either,

You said that “thought doesn’t seem to work”, and we come here to share our thoughts, so…

Is “nondual thinking” an oxymoron? Does thinking always require a subject and object(s)? When the thinker is the thought is the subject/object division gone?