The Horror

Aha! Thanks for clarifying, it helps frame your postings in the way they ask to be framed.

You are what you eat. Does that mean we living deads assimilate the brains we devour? Say that we gorge ourselves on Krishnamurti. Does Krishnamurti then ‘live in us?’

1 Like

Our idea of K (aka the juju or essence of K) lives within us, thus giving more power to the me. The usual voodoo process.

Yeah, sure. But is that it? Or is there more to it than that, can gobbling Krishnamurti’s brain (or Buddha’s, or Shankara’s, or Whitehead’s, or Lao Tzu’s) go beyond just expanding the story of Me?

All knowledge becomes part of the story of me.

There is the concept of liberation from the known, or psychological death - the question that we are asking is whether the known can ignite this liberation (from itself).

Is something else involved? or can an intellectual understanding of some narrative* bring about the downfall of the dictat of experience?

*obviously the best narrative by the best people (like the ones cited above)

We don’t know if “we are all hoping that we will one day grasp the ideas correctly”. For all we know, many or most of us are interested only in arriving at what one believes K was saying.

and maybe even rewarded for our achievement (?) If only to be part of a very select club of knowers.

The only “reward” for getting the message as it was intended is not misunderstanding it. Why don’t you get this?

My suggestion is that wanting to align exactly with the highest authority, be it spiritually or intellectually, is a movement arising from ourselves (desire, imagination)

Now you’re doing the twisting. To conflate what I’m saying with the intention “to align exactly with the highest authority” is your language and your cynical view of what I’ve been saying.

Is reading a novel more than once to fully grasp its significance and artistry something one does to elevate oneself above others, or something one does for one’s own need to know?

and that to see honestly what we are saying and doing (and the source of what we say and do) necessitates an enormous urgency that is not available on command.

The implication being that it can’t only be done by you and others who can command the “enormous energy” required to do it. How else would you know what it takes?

The conditioned brain can believe it is beyond seeing what it believes it’s seeing.

How do we tell the difference?

This continues to sound exactly like : the only reward is being correct.

I was describing the self in movement. Do you feel debased when you compare yourself to that description?

Is that not just a movement of pride - from which arises our conflict? Conflict where all open inquiry becomes attack and defense.

Why do you assume that “we are all hoping that we will one day grasp the ideas correctly” when you don’t know if that’s true?

This continues to sound exactly like : the only reward is being correct.

Is there something wrong with getting the message as it was intended to be received; getting it correctly?

I was describing the self in movement.

How certain are you that you know what “the self in movement” does?

Do you feel debased when you compare yourself to that description?

The description is the describer. You’re projecting.

Is that not just a movement of pride - from which arises our conflict? Conflict where all open inquiry becomes attack and defense.

Possibly…I don’t know. Do you?