Saturday Kinfonet Topic: Meditative Indifference

Yes, it would be.

I also found in “ride on that noise infinitely” a sense that indifference contains a poetic hint of non-difference, to be in contact with, and a sense of touch or intimacy. Beautiful quote. Thanks, John for sharing. I am finding ways to put that sense of warm, affectionate, indifference into practice. In one situation, there’s some family conflict involved. Indifference allows me to empower my daughter to make her own choices, whether apparently good or bad, and let the cards fall where they may. Takes the conflict out of the situation. Reduces the tendency for resentment to arise or to provoke a resentful response. Lubricates the situation. Work in progress.

I left the dialogue 1h into it, I do not know what was discussed after …
But, I want to say few words about: “ride on that noise infinitely.
K did “ride on the noise”.
During his outdoor gatherings, a loud noise would make K stop his talk and attend to (the noise of) a passing train, airplane or rain. K gave equal consideration to all things arising around him. In one instance K let a women, who appeared agitated, to sat next to him, on stage.

“ride on that noise infinitely”,

• I would understand this as: things have equal value, they appear -rise - fall in the space I am in, seeing this is indifference. Now, it remains a mystery to me what did K mean, in this context, by the word “infinitely”…

limitless, without borders, boundless

I suppose it means that as long as the thing is happening we are able to be in a relation with it (because there is no discrimination/movement away) - so we never move away from it.

I’m not sure “infinite” is technically correct, as what is changes; so are we still with the same thing?

“Crossing The Bar” by Tennyson

Sunset and evening star
and one clear call for me!
And may there be no moanining of the bar,
When I put out to sea.

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam -
When that which drew out from the boundless deep
turns again home

For me it points at, when the ‘center’ has dissolved, we are nothing (not-things). We are being. We are not the ‘noise’…we are the infinite, indifferent silence that comes before?

Yea… Doug…

• or, the what is, is so vast that is like an infinite ride

• or, can we say: whatever occurs in me, is infinite, and the noise/the what is continues to travel in space …( of course, my senses are limited and unaware of this ride )

• or, in attention all is one, hence unlimited (infinite) ?

ride on that noise infinitely
infinitely goes with ride - so, ride infinitely

(PS: I probably love K so much, that I would say that he used the word “infinitely“ with care, but this is a personal feeling, and it can be ignored)

(Un)fortunately, even if a perfect God wanted to write a book in English, It would have to use words. (and we would have to interpret them)

Anyway - here’s another hypothesis : When there is only this, there is no time. Or when there are no things, there is no sense of space.

nb. No space or time is indistinguishable from infinity.

Doug, I don’t understand !!….(you can explain if you want)
———-
you say when there are no things, there is no sense of space.

nb. No space or time is indistinguishable from infinity.
———-
All I can say is: I have not experienced a state of « no sense of space » or « no things ». And your « nota bene » is even more obscure to me …

(PS: I can probably relate intellectually: one undifferentiated field has no objects, no measure, and can only be infinite…I really have no clue :woman_shrugging:)

I’m just saying stuff due to watching too much youtube videos on Cosmology (big bang etc) they talk a lot about infinity - I’m sure its not important.