Sacred

How to realize sacred, the nameless one, holy?

Welcome back @Helen88!

Let’s say I’m trying to build a chair without having much knowledge of how to actually do it. And while I’m at it, someone comes along and says ‘You’re doing it wrong. If you keep going you’ll never be able to sit on that chair without falling off’. So I listen carefully to the ‘why’, and when he has finished, I ask him ‘ok, I’ve understood the why. Now how should I build it then?’

What happens to me if the other then replies: ‘I’m not the one who wants to build a chair, and besides I could be wrong about everything I’ve told you would happen if you continue to do it this way’?

1. Early teachings:

“ That state of reality, that living thing which cannot be annihilated at any time by the death of a body, is only realisable through the perfecting of oneself, by constant watchfulness of one’s actions, of one’s thoughts and emotions. To find that living reality, in which all things live and which each one desires, there is no question of going away or of arriving at some place, but the removing of layers of ignorance and so finding that reality which abides in all things, which dwells in the mind and heart of every human being.”

August 5, 1930.

1. Later teachings:

“We don’t have to search for light. There will be light when there is no darkness, and through darkness we cannot find the light. All that we can do is to remove those barriers that create darkness”.

First and last freedom, chapter 28.

2 Likes

Such a desire may be an unsurmountable obstacle

1 Like

just die second to second!