Power

Do I need power to see what I don’t understand about power, or do I need to lose power to understand?

If there’s one thing I’m afraid of, it’s losing power. When the generator dies, the lights go off and I’m in the dark with crickets. I am reduced to what little I know about where I get my power while being reminded of how much I pay for it. It’s a shock. I realize I am hopelessly dependent on something I don’t understand, yet must conform to.

If I know where I get my power, how it is generated, and I see nothing questionable about it, is it because I know too little about what I see, or because I don’t care to find out what keeps me seemingly alive?

1 Like

It is the manifestation of the phenomenon that provides the opportunity to inquire into it.
Comparison also necessitates experience of the phenomena (experience of its subsequent lack can then be so illuminating)

We are currently feeling the the negative effects of our abuse of power. And hoping that we can make amends via slight adjustment. (eg. global warming and mass extinction)

I read this three times and I’m still not sure what it means…