Observational Inquiry vs Intellectual Inquiry?

All thought has to work with is what it knows, and experience shows that much of its knowledge is not accurate, correct, or even true, but rather than acknowledge this condition, it ignores and denies its mistakes lest it face the fact that it is unable to meet the challenge of living intelligently.

**Did you miss this part of my response: “Seeing the falseness of a self-image going somewhere in time has also lost all significance.” And: “the self-image, when seen as the fiction it is, is no longer defended.” That’s ‘what happens’. And I’ll add, “It becomes unquestionably clear that you are humanity, you are the world.”

**Wanting to approach it in a ‘particular manner’ is a psychological idea coming out of the conditioning. It’s thought saying there’s a ‘you’ that’s going to ‘look at it’, isn’t it?
I’ll ask another way, “Is that choiceless awareness,” to start from an idea?

1 Like

Did you miss this part of my response: “Seeing the falseness of a self-image going somewhere in time has also lost all significance .” And: “the self-image, when seen as the fiction it is, is no longer defended. ” That’s ‘what happens’. And I’ll add, “It becomes unquestionably clear that you are humanity, you are the world.

Ok. This has actually happened to you, so there is nothing more to be said.

That is the implication, but I doubt that it “has actually happened” because if it had, the brain would have found a better way to convey the effect of the happening. A better way to let others know that you are no longer your own victim would not be by stating it, but demonstrating it by living it.

1 Like

**Apparently K would have disagreed with this psychological assumption, as he clearly talked and inquired with his audience for over fifty years.

**An interesting psychological theory. Humanity seems to hold on to these thought forms as if thought might someday become the truth. There’s no one who “gets it.” It’s a seeing of the illusion, not by a fictional identity.

Of course, it’s the seeing. But if seeing must speak, the speaker unintentionally conjures an identity, reinforcing the illusion of a “who” who sees.

Ha.

Too bad you removed the distinction between Graucho and Harpo Marx, but in any case, this

is a fictional theory, obviously. While this,

as was correctly pointed out, will be considered a fact, leaving little room for theorizing. This will be rightfully considered the walk, while the above is simply talk, that too erroneous belief based woo woo.

Edit: Somewhat of a tangent but it is always interesting to notice changes in vocabulary of a person when they imitate or steal words. Suddenly one notices their usage, which was absent before
( all concerned)

**Seeing doesn’t speak, it’s seeing. There never was a separate observer or ‘I’ speaking, that was always a fiction, before and after the seeing. There is no separate observer ‘unintentionally conjuring’ anything. As long as the thinking in the body is a ‘me and other’, it reflects a failure to see the limited nature of the thought-created self-image. As long as the thinking is that what is typing this message is an “other,” that’s the fiction. That’s “ego-talk.” It’s one humanity, not a bunch of fictional adversaries.

Nobody that K spoke to ever claimed their self image was fiction or false.

**This is something you know as a fact? That would be an amazing accomplishment to have met everyone who’s ever listened to K.

That would be an amazing accomplishment to have met everyone who’s ever listened to K.

Not even half as amazing as claiming that you are the world without meeting everyone on this planet.

What is this referring to? No one can "imitate or “steal” words because words stand on their own. One can imitate someone’s style of writing and speaking and one can plagiarize. Please point out any examples of such imitation and plagiarizing you find in this forum,

**Here’s a tip just for you Twocents: The seeing that you are the world occurs in the negation of the false, it’s not about meeting more people.

1 Like

Is this a request or a demand?

The use of the word “please” should give you a clue

So you say, but it’s just talk. Where’s the “walk” you spoke of?

The word please can be used flippantly or as a matter of convention, along with a demand or a dictate, as you seem to know. If it is a request I will get to it when and if I feel its necessity.

No, the exercise or experiment is ‘directed’ awareness. In the same way as experiments to see if there can be an awareness of one’s body or ones breathing, etc. Also experimenting to see if there can be an awareness of ones thoughts as they arise. ‘Choiceless awareness’ is not ‘directed’