Narcissism

What is it about narcissism that it is so appealing to so many people?

Have you been diagnosed with narcissism? Struggling with it? Or is your struggle with desired, but unfulfilled, Narcissism?

I suggest you to talk about something you know. Don’t ask personal questions,it is petty.

Trump and his followers started the narcissistic movement in this country.

“Narcissism” is just another word for “self-centered”, which we all are.

Narcissism is extreme selfishness. Everybody is concerned with his or her well being, I don’t call that narcissism but an innocent wrong turn in one’s thinking.

Yes sir. It seemed you are talking about something you know, in this thread . So my question was, do you know it personally? Or are you being petty and categorizing humanity as being narcissists? Kind of petty, wouldn’t you agree?

I was also trying to understand if you are qualified to diagnose mental illness? Or is your diagnosis limited to armchair psychiatry and cod psychology?

Did you know there are studies about trolls practicing armchair internet psychiatry without a license? But we don’t have to go into it or the accuracy of their diagnosis(s). Why waste our time discussing valueless pettiness.

So where are you in regards to all this? Where is your thread coming from?. I have a deduction based on observations but in interest of going easy i’ll spare you that.

There is only way an untrained layman lacking professional qualifications can make an accurate diagnosis, but i doubt you qualify for that.

So, your thread is lacking any substance unless clarified. Do you think you can clarify it? Or is it just one of those things, ya know :slight_smile:

nar·cis·sism (när′sĭ-sĭz′əm)
n.

1. Excessive preoccupation with or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
  2. A personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy. Also called narcissistic personality disorder.
  3. Pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one’s own body or self, considered in psychoanalytic theory to be a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
    [After Narcissus.]
    nar′cis·sist n.
    nar′cis·sis′tic adj.
    nar′cis·sis′ti·cal·ly adv.
    American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved

Narcissism may be extreme selfishness, but selfishness, egocentricity, is the problem…not greater or lesser degrees of the problem.

On the contrary the degree that you are narcissistic matters the most.

I am an average Joe, I have no special wisdom . I am not very educated. But I can see false as false.

There’s nothing “average” or “educated” about being an infallible falsehood detector, but it’s common for average, ordinary people to imagine themselves extraordinary.

Missing the point as usual. The point is not the average Joe but to see the false as false which is not as easy as you claim.

Missing the point of a comma, as usual.