Mimicking Krishnamurti

Yes, we can try to explore this fundamental question.

What is different about Krishnamurti and his teachings/approach is that we dont come to it with acceptance or belief or faith, but have to doubt, question, go into it for ourselves.

So we approach dialogue differently than most other beliefs/teachings out there. I find it more difficult to have dialogue with Krishnamurti people than just regular dialogue with others who are interested in truth or philosophy or what not.

Most of us K folk have read a lot of K or watched videos and for most of us, it has conditioned us to some extent. So we are not showing up at the dialogue fresh and without the past, but showing up with a lot of K knowledge and conditioning and it makes dialogue difficult. What do you think, do you see it similarly?

I donā€™t want to meet anyone via zoom. Itā€™s for people whose words donā€™t adequately (or honestly) represent them.

Haha. You are a weird one Inquiry I have to say. Kind of inflexible and intolerant in some of your pronouncements. Zoom dialogues help clarify and dispel illusions, images that one has created. Real life meetings help to show the whole human being, that you cannot see via the written word forum.

What is the point of this thread? Itā€™s a real question, this is so infantile. What does mimicking mean? Imitation to the extent that Paul doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about? And even so, why is it important to inquire into such a small matter?

Inquiry has been butthurt over Paul for awhile. Iā€™m starting to see how people on here tend to use K and his insights. It looks like youā€™re all trying to compete intellectually, while ignoring the fact that you are. Like itā€™s the invisible elephant in the room.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your views, it adds to the mix. There is much truth in what you shared.

Yes, this is an infantile thread in many ways, but something good might come out of it. Nothing more to add at the moment.

I am not sure there is any K knowledge. I have come into contact with the Teachings. Thatā€™s all. What is the relationship between me and the Teachings? And what happens to me in this meeting?

Letā€™s go straight to the heart of it because this addresses the whole feeling behind what we are looking at in this particular topic. It is about something much bigger than K or copying K.

I would think there is K knowledge. We show up to the dialogues with our brains full of Krishnamurtis pronouncements like ā€œThe observer is the observed and there is no psychological timeā€ for instance, etc. It is not like we come into contact with the Teachings and there is emptiness in our brain.

What happens in the meeting? I would suggest it is mostly a sharing of knowledge and past memory, repeating, exchanging ideas, and very little looking without the past. We are mostly looking not freshly, but from what we already know from Krishnamurti.

This stuff is difficult to express, write about, but I am suggesting very little happens in most K dialogues except a bunch of intellectualizing. What do you think, please say more, you are saying very little I feel and not sharing enough your perceptions on the matter.

Those are good questions, and I would like you to shed some light, from your perspective, what happens?

1 Like

The chase stops whenā€¦

One guy said its when you stop crying about not being able to fit the ocean into one cup.

Infinity is too big - your head is little. If you canā€™t beat 'em, join 'em.

But thatā€™s not K knowledge; this is knowledge that we have extracted for ourselves. K deals in facts and we donā€™t - thatā€™s the brutal truth - because we are chiefly comfortable dealing with ideas. With ideas we can discuss and argue endlessly. We can control ideas. A fact stops us in our tracks.

Yes, this is the same question as about meeting the Teachings. What happens when one meets a fact? There is only the fact. In that moment, all ideas are absent, which means in that moment everything that is me is also absent. Therefore, in meeting the Teachings, one is learning that it is possible to live and function quite happily without all the complications of the self.

What is important is first of all to be very clear at both the verbal and intellectual levels. A lot of intellectualising is just confused or panicked thinking. Thatā€™s why in a really careful dialogue with a few very good friends, we can point out to each other these things, take our time and work out exactly what it is that we are trying to say to one another. No dialogue is a walk in the park. We have to work at it.

Are the Teachings words, or facts? If they were facts, wouldnā€™t we all be stopped in our tracks?
Why does one self dissapear when confronted with the Teachings, and another just hears a load of concepts?

Is that like a fight with oneā€™s self? An effort to not see what I see? Hear what I hear?
What does the work consist of?

We donā€™t know until we engage with one another. Thatā€™s the first step. It may be one very long step.

Thanks Paul for sharing some. But I am left with the same questions as Douglas asked.

Fascinating! In ā€œwe have to find a new way of meeting one anotherā€ is an implicit ā€œor else.ā€ Or else what?

If we could see ā€œthe whole human beingā€ we wouldnā€™t need Kā€™s teaching.

Hereā€™s hoping David will remind you of this the next time you play teacher.

You can see it for yourself: or else we shall carry on destroying ourselves.

Perhaps you both think you can do something about it. In other words, there is still you and the Teachings as though two separate entities. But they canā€™t both exist in the same space. Something has to give.

Everything dies. Whatā€™s the intelligent way to realize this fact in our relationships?

Ha! Nah, I am done confronting him. I share once and that is enough, it is up to the person to look or not and see for themselves or notā€¦