Loneliness the irrevocable fact that we all run away from

What is loneliness? Is it fear of loneliness or loneliness itself that we all run away from?
Is loneliness a negative feeling?

I wonder if loneliness is a feeling, I think it is deeper then a feeling, it is an existential anguish.
Every human is sensing the impermanence of life. I am lonely in this life, I will die lonely.
This is not just a passing feeling, easy to cover up, like all other fleeting feelings.
If fully understood, loneliness, may lead to the discovery of Aloneness K talks about.
Maybe Loneliness is the echo of the Aloneness - I know you may disagree with this
and I am ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fear of being alone keeps us from the truth? It makes us ‘attach’? It keeps us ‘in the world’? Understanding this fear means not running from it, rationalizing it, suppressing it but bringing careful awareness to it with no judgement whatsoever…can we do that? Seeing how much of life is impacted by this fear?

the fear of being alone comes from the assumption that I am not alone, I probably think I posses …my mind …?

Maybe it’s a remnant of the ‘herd instinct’?

A herd of images, words, thoughts, emotions
They make me feel I am not alone

Probably why people leave the tv or radio on when not paying attention to it? Emptiness can be terrifying!

Is the fear of being alone arises because it spells the death of ego ?

[quote=“Examiner, post:1, topic:1907, full:true”]
Is it fear of loneliness or loneliness itself that we all run away from?
I think that is a very important question to answer or consider.
We have an image of how miserable loneliness is ( which has been given to us by the culture and books).
What is loneliness without having any image of it? The image of loneliness is created by thought which prevents the truth …

The image that thought has created about loneliness is never loneliness itself. Loneliness is the outcome of comparison.
That is why thought hasn’t solve it and possibly never will solve the problem that it creates.

Whatever but it brings suffering and it is the suffering that there needs to be an awareness of without any judgement, without any resistance to ‘what is’. A ‘caring’ of it. Isn’t that ‘learning’? Isn’t that knowledge about the self?
Psychological suffering doesn’t have to be ‘solved’, it has to be understood. To understand, there has to be caring, not an approach to it as something to be rid of.