Learning and unlearning

Is the process of thought, in the early years, in the way it accumulates words and images, where the thing and the word are naturally connected, accumulating both verbally and skillfully, together, then creating a vision of a limitation, in a learning process? Later we are trying to do it only mentally, intellectually, studying, and we have a mind disassociated from the environmental or experiential. Now we accumulate the words and ideas conceptually, contextually, disregarding the limitation, if not dismissively. Seeing the learning limitation, accepting the basic disassociation in a verbal or intellectual ability we have adopted, I can find the natural circumstances for learning.

@Peter
I think this is an important topic to understand the conditioning of the present society and traps in that conditioning.

1. Coming to the question posed, I think words and images are connected inside mind.

2. When I saw something or be at some place, thought processes will arise in mind.

3. After some time, if I look at all those reactions there is some kind of common connection in those chain of thoughts.

4. Sometimes the words associated with those images will have almost similar kind of understanding or conclusions. Therefore, the thought chain occurs inside.

5. Coming to question back again I can say yes, as it limits the learning process. As the thought chain occurring inside mind, it will stop the attention towards present.

6. @peter as you said only theory will be there in mind and the experimental analysis will disappear in the thought process.

The last point I want to mention is that, my attention is partial. Therefore, I am not perfect :slight_smile:

It is a limitation created and repeated by the thought process. Thought is maintaining the process of the early years of learning, when there was a collection of things, images, words, experience, all together, mentally and actually. Now we are using only the mental, and thinking there is some inability, or other ability.

@Peter
I feel sometimes that mind and brain is only for thinking. By questioning, one can live in the present, such that authority of past will not occur.

Please share your views on my analysis.

What do we mean by questioning? Is it looking at some word, idea, concept and being doubtful of its meaning, or its worthiness? Is it a quest to find more information, a quest to produce something? Questioning works because I don’t know something. Then there is the questioning which is an authoritarian strategy, and this is meant to establish and cultivate order in society.

A question is an invitation to look. As such there is always a goal. This goal might be obvious: to solve, to inform, to enlighten. Or it might be subtle: to explore, learn, observe. But without an explicit or implicit goal, the question would not arise in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t know if what JK is saying, that I am not an individual is so, so I have to ‘question’ deeply whether or not it is true. You can see that it is a tremendous thing if it is true. That my whole existence is based on a mistake, a wrong direction taken somewhere along the line. The psychological sense of separation being the source of ‘my’conflict, fear, alienation, loneliness, etc.

If ‘I’ am a false or illusory ‘center’ my life is taking place as if in a waking ‘dream’.

@Peter

1. You asked, “What do we mean by questioning?”. I have some basic things to question myself, which are
    What is happening inside the mind?
    What is the needed stuff at present?
    What are the kind of images, coming from memory?
    What is happening in front of me?
    What am I doing exactly?
    I was saying about this kind of question in the previous reply.

2. Is it a quest to produce something or find information?
    I think my answer is yes.

3. You said, “questioning works because I don’t know something”.
    Yeah, it is correct but for some questions, finding answers requires time and effort. Meanwhile, many things may happen inside the mind and in life. Under such circumstances, one should be aware of happening events in life.

4. “Then there is the questioning which is an authoritarian strategy”
    I did not understand well about this statement and I have to figure out by my own.

Thank you

I have to be careful. Am I questioning what the person is saying, because I might have a different point of view? Am I questioning the message because I don’t want to conform, or follow instructions? What is this position where I am having to check what I am reading or being told? This a psychological questioning, doubtfulness, a fear, affecting a natural, effortless, place in life.

@Peter
Questioning other persons, having a different point of view in mind, or not following any instructions of that person may create friction between us, as you said. In that aspect, we should be careful in dealing with the situation. I think I am talking about psychological questioning inside :slight_smile:

What is it that is looking, watching, listening? Do I really need to know? The watching and listening is its own action and there is its own clarity. This is a straightforward awareness and it is learning. This is the point I made at the beginning. When we are young the learning is both what I am looking at, and the mental accumulation. But now we don’t use the looking, and use only the mental. This mental activity is limited to thought, and is not anymore actually looking. Looking with a whole sense of seeing, not looking at any particular things with some purpose in mind, there is much to see, and the mind is enlivened.

The mind first used the process, thing and word, connecting harmoniously, not artificially. Then as we have grown up, the looking with the connection, has passed, and we rely on working with the words. Still the process is a memory, and so there is this condition of a division, word and thing. This psychological division is what in our instincts, we are trying to overcome. We may not be conscious of this, and not understand our psychological effort is basically trying to reconnect, to fix a false separateness. To reconnect with a division in a process, does nothing to remedy our lives. It has become a conditioned process, not in the original nature of looking, listening, or intelligence.

@Peter
Sir, I am having some questions

1. Is there a role of “WILL” in the mind to overcome this psychological division?
  2. Why it is not a remedy in our lives as we start reconnecting word and thing freshly again?
  3. Society is having huge impact in our bias, how to overcome this by still staying in the society?

Please share your views in my questions

I am not an expert on psychology. Looking at a lot of my thinking, I see it is an internal process, and is not related to the visual. Then I ask, is this division, something to think about, or is the thinking caused by some demand, a motive, to fix the division?

@Peter
Its okay sir, it is better not to draw any conclusion if we did not gave enough attention to the whole process.

Thank you