Krishnamurti's love

Is that why we come here…to make friends? To share ‘ideas’ ? Are we frightened to be alone? To have no friend to lean on, to share our ideas with? Am I aware that my ‘ideas’ help me to momentarily escape from my deep sense of loneliness and isolation? So in other words I have come here to escape from facing myself as I actually am. And so I come here to find a friend who will agree with my ‘ideas’ and therefore soothe my pain and suffering? When the truth of this is pointed out to us I wonder how we respond? Do we immediately react from a centre? And does that reaction strengthen the sense of ‘me’?

However much you refine an idea it always remains just an idea. Without these ideas who are you? Ideas are just images …which image is the real ‘you’? Are we not on very tricky ground when we identify our sense of self with these images? Are they not constantly changing, or modifying themselves? Which one is ‘real’ …which one is ‘me’ ? Am I an image ? Am I any of this content that is arising ? Or it is ALL worthless garbage I have collected along the way…? Can the subject cease to identify itself with any of these objects which are appearing in Consciousness? And finally, can it also cease to identify itself as a subject that is somehow different from all the other objects which are arising in Consciousness. Can the division as subject and object come completely to an end?

1 Like

Take the example of being ‘hurt’. This is just a memory, a snapshot of something that happened in the ‘past’. To the ‘me’ that got hurt it feels utterly real, utterly painful. But is this ‘me’ real at all ? What is it that blows so much wind into this dead corpse called ‘me’ ? The hurt, the ‘me’ are all images that have somehow been glued together by thought and made into some kind of ‘living’ centre called ‘me’. What a joke this is. I have constructed a dead corpse put together by the past and breathed life into it each day giving it various names and experiences all the time totally unaware that the whole construct is a total mirage. Now I am stuck with the mirage all the time thinking it is utterly real. The whole thing is an illusion put together using thought as a projector and time as a form of duration. So thought as time has created this story of ‘me’ and projected it onto the screen of the mind and the mind thinks that this story is REAL. What a joke that is. The whole thing from start to finish is the play of Consciousness. There is not an ounce of truth in any of it, not an ounce. The whole thing is a CONSTRUCT. And ‘you’ believed IT !!!

This so-called ‘construct’ has completely put us to sleep. True awakening if there is such a thing is waking up from this dream of being a ‘construct’ and realizing that what you actually are is THAT pure uncorrupted awareness prior to the arising of anything in Consciousness. That is why K asked ‘Is it possible for Consciousness to empty itself of all the content’ ? This is a very serious question. Can the question create in each one of us a slow burn? In other words, the very question itself burns away the contents. I don’t know if anyone really gets this? It is immediate. It is not of time.

1 Like

How does one find the answer to that question? Nobody other than Krishnamurti ever asked that kind of impossible question. I live with my Consciousness no matter how irrational it is.

If this is so the human being is not ‘finished’ until it realizes this and all confusion with self is dissolved.

And that is the work my friend. To gather all one’s energy to realize this in one’s guts, heart and blood. If it becomes just another idea it is utterly meaningless. One has to be very clear about why thought keeps identifying itself with the false sense of ‘self’. Its very movement must be watched like a hawk and that requires great discipline, a very attentive mind no?

Is it very clear that most of us do not have this very clear attentive mind in our daily lives? I feel that is where we must begin. Most of the time we are completely unattentive to the movement of thought that is going on within us. Why is that?

Each of us in our own way who come to this have the responsibility to see it through.

But, if I may point out my friend. Already you have moved from holding the question to finding an answer. The search to find an ‘answer’ brings thought back in with its bag of tricks, its sticking plasters. Any attempt on the part of thought to answer this only wastes more energy. By giving complete attention to the question only allows the contents of the question to begin to unfold …the unfolding/flowering of this immense question creates what I call …The slow burn!! The question itself ignites a fire within each one of us …that fire has nothing to do with thought. That fire has no motive. Be completely attentive to it and it alone and it will take you places you never dreamed of…that question burning away inside you is the only thing that will ‘save’ you :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was K’s question. First you have to make it yours . Do you want to empty your mind from greed and envy? Most people don’t. First you have to realize that if you don’t change what are the consequences? Fear , anxiety, frustration, hate and all the negativities that goes on. If one is okay with that then K’s question has no meaning for him or her.

Most people are not even interested or aware that greed and envy run their lives. But, let us leave them out of it. Are you and I aware that this movement is going on inside you and I? Are you and I aware of the consequences? What do you mean when you use the word greed? Greed for what? Knowledge, food, status in this rotten society?

Greed for MY pleasures and MY securities.
Greed sustains and reinforces the sense of I/Me/Mine.
Greed, in my experience, is an unconscious impulse that preserves a distance between me and the other, based on the belief that my security and my pleasure are found through separation.

By greed I mean the desire for more . I have had a pleasurable experience and I want more of it. Life doesn’t allow that so I am miserable and depressed. This is what is happening in the world especially in the US.
Can one live without the desire for more? Of course one can otherwise depression becomes inevitable.