Krishnamurti emptyness

Emptyness Mind or Brain? Both are same?

My mind is supposedly produced by my brain (at least to some extent) - neither is empty.

My brain, or mind, fills reality with concepts in order to navigate it successfully - these concepts are of course produced by me - so reality can be said to be empty of my projections.

successfully?What is success?

Not dying - surviving long enough to procreate. (and change nappies if possible) :sob:

1 Like

Bit confused here. Is emptyness different from emptiness?

“Emptyness” is a misspelling, but you can use it because it signifies nothing.

Thanks

(at least 20 characters needed)

I understood the brain and the mind are not connected. Brain is the past and mind is space and silence?

Thanks

Helloo kunderstanding,

I think 2 questions might help us, firstly : what is this mind you are referring to? the experience we are having (which everything seems to indicate is closely correlated to our brains) or something else, more mysterious, that we have no experience of?

And secondly : Is everything connected? Is nothing connected? are only some things connected? (everything -science, logic, mysticism - seems to indicate that only 1 of these answers is the case).

Hello Macdougdoug,

I recently find out about K so I am still working on understand his teachings. I heard that in one of his talk with DB …“Brain is the past and mind is space and silence”. They are not connected. I believe the brain always record any function of the human body (mental and physical) while the mind act with no reference or attachment of anything.

As I understand it, the difference is that the brain is limited and the mind is not. For the brain to know what intelligence is, it must be in contact, communing with, the mind, and for that to happen the brain must be through with trying to do anything about its condition, is therefore silent, neither thinking or knowing, i.e., empty.

1 Like