Kinfonet Editorial | Why do we speak to one another?

Be patient and you might find out.

The brain knows something has to cease, expire, “die”, for it to be free, and it knows it would be the end of what it knows/believes, which is terrifying…but it isn’t being “perverse”.

So where is the element of realisation in all of this? At which point does a possibility become an actuality?

Let’s be clear about the question. We are asking at which point the brain realises it is free from the entire burden of thought. This is the question, isn’t it? It is all about the point at which the brain realises that it is free to think for itself. What is the essence of thinking for oneself?

1 Like

What do you mean by “oneself”? .

1 Like

You tell me. Are we two brains working separately? Are we two brains working together? Or there is just one brain.

One brain different contents. Hitler and Mother Teresa one brain different contents. Both doing ‘good’. One wanting to ‘purify the race, the other wanting to help the poor. One brain.

One brain different consciousnesses.

No, one brain thinking for itself. What is the essence of this thinking?

What is “itself”? There is technical thought and there is silence? Don’t know what ‘brain thinking for itself’ means.

Self gratification :thinking:

Yet you managed to read and respond to my question. That was you, wasn’t it?

Leave ‘me’ out of it. Brain responded to question asking for clarification. None was given.

This brain suspects that that brain has ‘something up its sleeve ‘.

Suspicion based on memory of reading past posts.

You mean like chocolate ice cream? Dopamine? Drugs sex and rock and roll?

A brain that thinks for itself has no psychological content - only practical content - and responds only to what is actual, not personal. “Itself” is its circumstances, environment, predicament, with no image or idea of who it is, yet is mindful of how it is perceived by others.

I can only speculate about that point, since this brain is not there.

Do you know "at what point the brain realises that it is free to think for itself?

Yes, but that’s still you: brain + suspicion + memory. The question is: what is the essence of a brain thinking for itself? You have shown me what happens when it is thinking on behalf of the past or thinking in order to protect itself from some imagined harm. In which case, thought has assumed the role of a thinker; while thinking itself has gone underground and disappeared.

I don’t know. This may be all speculative. Does a brain that is thinking for itself ever need to arrive at a formal and definitive answer? In this area of self-knowledge, don’t our very answers act as the primary form of limitation?

So it may be the point where the question is far more important than the answer.

What does one know, through first hand perception, about the existence of a brain and that it is thinking?
Has one ever perceived the movement and source of the thinking process apart from its content?

Is there thought without content?

1 Like

Some questions have answers.

Is there a stream without water?

1 Like