Is there any virtual group?

“I want” and “awareness” are mutually exclusive. Where there is “I want”, “awareness” is not. Before there can be clarity, first we must understand “I want”.

thank you for reply, but ‘I want’ was used only for expression.

You got him. I think you are an adept coming on as a novice.

Someone mentioned perhaps a video of K’s. He doesn’t prescribe much as most people know. I like this video titled “What is Guilt?”

Not sure I would call it a meditation: I call it Krishnamurti’ing. Any one of the steps or processes he describes can be helpful. Hope it helps.

You said you like this video. Was it helpful to you?

Thank you for taking time to review and reply my request. I will listen to this tonight.

Yes, it has been. I have seen it many times. Just watching them can be relaxing. This one in particular has helped me, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night to calm my mind. The practice K describes has helped me.

What practice is that? Please share this.

My take away from the video is Krishnamurti’s pointing to the problematic mind that cannot deal with and solve problems. It begins in the conditioning of education in the classroom. There are kids who pick up trades helping their parents in the fields or going out to sea to fish. They learn naturally effortlessly. Learning in the classroom is unnatural and takes effort. Does this lead to the problematic mind that Krishnamurti pointed to in the video?

In my view learning through formal education in the class room or learning through an observation (when parents’s doing a trade) and repeating it. Both of these learning are one or the other form of conditioning of mind. Learning without conditioning has to be a direct observation. The observation without word or objects and and observation without a sense of doer or observer.

I think so. And that’s what is taking place when a kid learn the traditional way by observation and responding naturally helping the parent in the field or out at sea on a fishing boat. And I am talking about a simple traditional lifestyle and not a modernized one where fish are hauled in by diesel-powered trawlers with navigation systems, or mechanized farming on vast tracts of artificially irrigated land.

1 Like

I agree with you it can be a direct learning with observation that use no words, theory or explanation and that has no sense of teacher in parents and no sense of learners in the children.

Bravo. Modern life forces us to become a personal entity armed with complicated information in order to navigate a complex lifestyle.

Poor Krishnamurti. He wasn’t cut out for book learning and his teacher slapped him on the head for not paying attention. He would tend to look at ants crawling up the classroom wall or gaze out the window, easily drifting into that state of nothingness. We are all educated. So, the question is, can an educated mind, distorted by conditioning and stuffed with all that knowledge, be wiped clean like an unformatted hard drive? Are we willing to do it? Jesus asked someone who wanted to know if he could get to the Kingdom of Heaven, “will you give up everything and follow me?”

1 Like

I don’t know about “will” here, My question is can there be an awareness that the brain is conditioned? That the brain is conflict oriented and has been conditioned to solve those conflicts and challenges as they arise? If there is an awareness of that, then there can be a freedom from all that activity. The conflict will continue but if ones approach is to see that that is how one has been conditioned, then one side or the other doesn’t have to be ‘fed’. That you are all that. It is seen that all that ‘noise’ is a result of the conditioning… K. talks about seeing oneself as a kind of “complex jewel”. Not as a ‘problem’ that has to be solved.

I don’t know what you mean by conditioning. To me, knowledge is a form of information that guides perception. Knowledge, therefore, conditions perception. Knowledge instructs us to see reality in terms of a physical space-time universe in which mankind lives. Insight (intelligence) frees us from the grip of knowledge (which is created by thought). And in that instantaneous state of freedom from knowledge (the known) - that momentary lapse in conditioning - the false gives way to a glimpse of the truth about the false.

You are infectious. I feel compelled to write like you.

I suggest you to keep on reading K.s books or watch his videos. Your words shows that you have not yet understood the basic teachings of K. Mind I’m not blaming you, it’s quite natural and common. Essentially you are trying to get results, or to achieve something (your words: "to be succeded in translating K.'s teachings to real experience). K. pointed out that there is nothing to be achieved, so one must not expect any result or “success”. It’s only a matter of understanding one’s own life. It comes naturally when you are sicerely interested in life and in understanding yourself. It’s no use to sit and try to observe the observer, forget methods or practices. Just be aware of what you do daily, of your relationship with others and slowly you’ll see the conditioning you are bound to. There is nothing you can do.

Of course there are other more difficult aspects in K.s message but we must start simply otherwise we’ll get lost. Start where you are and don’t ask anybody’s help. One has to face solitude.

2 Likes

Voyager
Thank you. your message means a lot to me. I really want to connect people whom I can talk or discuss and seek help – all related to K’s work. I understand that people may not want to be sharing their details.

Regards
Manish

We know that the brain has not resolved the conflict between what-is and what-should-be, so clearly, the brain is conditioned to create and sustain that conflict - not resolve it.