Is forgivness a choice?

Can you say a little more about this? I get the impression you are saying that aggression comes from the known, whereas the forgiveness comes from another place.

The chaos is witnessed, and how one is reacting to it. One tries to over power it to calm it and control it through ‘so called’ peaceful measures. One tries to dominate it through various means, to break it apart, etc. Yet after all this, the chaos is still there, the conditioned energy is still there. Yet it is even worse because I have contributed to it.

I stand there feeling helpless, irrelevant, etc. I feel that, I witness that. I start judging the others and place them and categorise them AKA ‘divide them’ based on what I knew of them, based on how I perceive them to act now. All that makes me not breath, shoulders up and tensed. The heart is racing. I try to stay with it and it does not work! The stream continues in me as it is on the outside.

… But … I am still there, not the me, but this entity is still there. I wonder why I am still there.
A moment of confusion out of which a question surfaced up. Not confusion about what should be or should not be, but a question of meaning and existence. A question that made listening possible.

Maybe a moment when the chaos on the outside met the chaos on the inside?

1 Like

Yes, I get it now. The only intelligent response to chaos is just to listen. Then you are out of it.

I think when that takes place, actual listening, the movement within me changes, and the responses after that would change as a result - Acting from nothingness ‘which includes the known’ rather than acting from the known alone.

Yes. Then you are acting from listening. There is no listener in the background waiting to pounce, telling you, ‘Do this. Do that.’ You have heard his voice often enough; but now there is another voice coming through which isn’t just the echo of your own reactions.

1 Like