Impulse

Si, pero al contrario de las palabras autenticas de @macdougdoug , estas en realidad no son mias sino las palabras del titulo de una cancion del album de 1972 “Seventh Sojourn” de The Moody Blues. Realmente vale la pena escuchar la letra de la cancion.

Yes, but contrary to @macdougdoug’s authentic words, these are actually not mine but the words of the title of a song from the 1972 album ‘Seventh Sojourn’ by The Moody Blues. It’s really worth listening to the lyrics.

The Moody Blues: Lost In a Lost World (YouTube) →

1 Like

Hello fraggle
i like your tv-show : )
this text now is from me , from here .
i tipe letters to words and form somthing like a short stream .
maybe you read this stream
ore you look out of the window and be with some other stream .
and inside is the stream of thought - reaction .
that is how i count three different streams as far as i reportet by now .
thank you for asking

Yess .
There is identification with thought and the moment seems to be free to do what i want .
The thoughts occur very impressive in the nerve system ,
sometimes with strong feelings boosting it into the body .
How can the stream of something which is not thought be as interesting as the stream of thought whith all its possibilities and mysterousity .

Your bold crap is a product of a sick brain.

A lot of that going round!….

1 Like

I don’t see it this way. I saw someone in the forum using bold lettering and talking a lot about the truth. My response.was, more or less, the following: “This is interesting. What’s going on here? Can we find out about this?”

Most situations present opportunities to learn if we have the interest, time and energy to go into things in a little depth together. However, this exploring together seemingly requires an open-minded approach and a certain amount of putting previous knowledge aside. As far as I can see, we find this an extremely difficult thing to do.

1 Like

The transformation lies in the immediate awareness of any psychological disturbance. Self-righteous anger has its roots in a part of the brain which is very, very old. There are all kinds of memories involved in it. Over time it becomes a habit. And on top of this there is the extra habit of dealing with it, either pushing it away or justifying it to oneself. This process happens not just with anger but with any psychological reaction. Anger is your example and so we are looking at that. On reflection, after the event, it is possible to look back and see the mechanisms of this process, how anger arises and how it subsides. However, this reflection after the event is itself part of the habit, part of the process of reaction. That’s really what we are doing now, coolly reflecting on anger. Therefore, the brain is wasting its time. It is trying to plan for a future actuality with the tools of the past. So it is sowing the seeds for even more anger. The actuality now is not that you are angry; it is something else. This actuality now is far more important than anger or anything else, which only exist as past or future events.

So put what you have just said into bold italics and see what happens.

The brain is not needed. The brain calls us lost or found, strange or familiar, enemy or friend. It is the most unreliable instrument in the universe.

[Edited as requested. But not sure why this was flagged as inappropriate.]

You seem to be saying that awareness then is not the recognition of things - like my anger at the evil person (or at myself).
That awareness is the recognition of the habitual process of relating to my image of the world as a problem.

Is this the same as saying that the harm we see in the world is not so much due to what I see, but rather my reaction (or relationship) to what I see?

Does this not mean that some transformation has already taken place - I mean why would we suddenly address the psychological process rather than the contents?

Isn’t it in the only place it could be… in ‘freedom’? As K put it, in the perception that it is “essential”?…Always essential?

I think you are saying that freedom from the egocentric process needs to be seen as essential - and that when that is the case, awareness of the process in movement, frees us from that movement.

Yes another way to say ‘freedom from the known’. Could we ask why is this freedom ‘essential’ (if it is)?

In a way, it occurs to me that this ‘freedom’ may be analogous to a butterfly emerging from its cocoon?

Which if the analogy is correct, this ‘freedom’ is our birthright?

But do you find it extremely difficult to do? I ask because the only thing that makes it “extremely difficult to do” is resistance to anything that doesn’t accord with my beliefs, biases, prejudices, etc. But awareness of why I react this way undermines the reaction and diminishes it, allowing for an open mind.

They’re inseparable, so does it matter if they’re seen as parts of a whole? The brain needs to understand how its false security system works. A significant change in the way the brain operates occurs with self-knowledge.

The contents are always posed to react, but examination of the contents changes the brain’s relationship with the contents. There is an awakening when there’s awareness of Knowing.

You wrote : “examination of the contents” - is this what you meant to write?

I ask because “examination of the contents” and “awareness of the process” have been posed as non-synonymous.

It is not essential, we are all simply born to die… and the way we die will be permeated by this freedom if there is any, or by our ignorance if there is none. But it doesn’t really matter much, after all, as @Inquiry would say, we all choose the way we want to die. Either free, which is to be attached to absolutely nothing, or attached to whatever fantasy our thought has constructed for us with our support. The thing is that unfortunately no one can free us, nor give us a certificate that we are free…no matter how much we cry out for it to someone else. :pray:

Are you taking a Nihilist stance, as in “in an absolute sense, from the point of view of the universe, life is meaningless” ?

Because I don’t think thats the question - the question is : have I realised/seen clearly, that freedom from myself is essential? - as in “I refuse to be the source of harm”

1 Like

I like to couch it in terms of “potential” - as in being able to function at our full potential as humans.

We ask whether it is possible for humanity to be free of the egocentric filter, the filter of fear, to function with clarity - in a way that is not constrained in the sphere of evil.

1 Like

Awareness does nothing and examining is doing something, so the words denote different things. But since nothing can be done without awareness, does it matter that those two words are not synonyms?