Here Lies the Truth

The future can’t be known
The past can be revised
The present is all ears and eyes
Informed by precious lies

I don’t think that your poem clarifies anything.

I think the precious lies are varied perspectives. It’s not my truth if it’s someone else’s perspective.

I don’t get it - might an explanation help clarify?

Does it mean that what I learn (from someone else) is not mine? Also : are my truths necessarily true (in a demonstrable sense)?

If ‘Columbus discovered America’, does it mean that I can’t go there because I didn’t discover it?

Columbus was ignorant about this area of the earth, at the same time the Indians had been living there for centuries, so this statement is only correct for those who are ignorant?

That’s why Wim I put the ‘Columbus’ in quotes. Geez! We all know Donald Trump’s great grandfather discovered America.

If K discovered that “thought IS fear”, does that mean that when this brain sees the truth of this that it doesn’t ‘belong’ to this brain?

It means that much or most of our knowledge is not demonstrably true, and because we don’t question it, we retain it, making us liars by default.

A precious lie is any content that is not demonstrably or self-evidently true; anything ranging from one’s own opinion to commonly held unexamined assumptions and beliefs.

Don’t take K’s pronouncements too literally. He made absolutist statements for effect.

He said that thought, as we know it, is both practical and psychological, that we can’t function without practical thought, and that psychological thought is rooted in fear/desire, the means by which we are socialized, i.e., conditioned.

Isn’t the question: If Someone is ignorant of something already existing may we call that ‘discovered’ or is this word ‘discovered’ only true if that something is new in our world?

Isn’t the “observer is the observed”, humanity took a ‘wrong turn’, “thought is fear”, “you are nothing (not-a-thing), etc…aren’t these “new” somethings in our world?