I’m as good as dead
I am just an image
Forming in the head

I am just the messenger
I am chicken-scratch
Perhaps if I can read the signs
My egghead will hatch

1 Like

Not without some ‘pecking’ from the inside!

1 Like

The Work you speak of…

Perhaps you should say more about this work, and why you’re confident that you’re not just doing the same old thing in a sparkling new way.

1 Like

Who brought in ‘confidence’?

K said famously, “ a confident man is a dead human being”.

I humbly agree.

If you’re not confident that the “work” you’re doing is the right thing to do, you can’t do it wholeheartedly.

Are yor sure you’re not just buying time by doing this work?

If the seeing is the doing, and you can’t see clearly enough to be done with doing, wouldn’t it make more sense to do nothing and let the mud settle until there’s clarity enough to see this work for what it is?

No, you are anxious and excited about the future. Greed runs our lives daily.

Greed is, I should maximize my pleasure. That doesn’t go with the teachings which says be passively aware of the movement of the self without wishing to change it.

greed

(grēd)

n.

An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth: “Many … attach to competition the stigma of selfish greed” (Henry Fawcett).

[Back-formation from greedy.]

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.