Fitness

I think we are debating the issues of free will and determinism.

We sometimes do feel like we’re in control - but everything seems to indicate it ain’t so.

I don’t doubt that my behavior is determined by my conditioning, so I’m not debating anything. If anyone in this discussion group thinks they might not be conditioned, might be free, why would they be here?

Because they realise that they are part of this society, this planet, this consciousness, and that suffering exists. (and is a form of harm)

PS. if you ask me the usual question, my answer is that : anyone who thinks they are enlightened/free/unconditioned etc is suffering from some sort of delusion (ie. conditioned by some experience)

Right, the bodhisattva, and all that…

But would this be the place for a bodhisattva to spend its precious time if it could reach far more people by other means?

Jesus didn’t even have Instagram, he just spoke to some guys he met on the beach.

Of course, some people have their own TV shows - anyway Disney used to explain these things best, now its Marvel.

Or maybe our expectations and illusions of reality aren’t actually very good indicators of whats really going on?

“You know that something is happening but
You don’t know what it is, do you Mr Jones?”

2 Likes

You mean we might not have a clue?

1 Like

Of course not. We’re serving something we can’t understand. We procreate, reproduce ourselves as does everything else here but we don’t or can’t know what function if any that (we) serves. BUT the fact of our conflict with others and with ourselves may have been a ‘wrong turn’. That that, may be possible to change? To rectify?

Sounds like you do have a clue, thanks to K.

According to Krishnamurti, our problem is that we’ve been opining and believing for so long and so steadfastly that this wayward way of living is all we know, and we can’t quit until/unless the conditioned brain awakens to what it is actually doing.