Facts-Only Inquiry :: The Unconscious Mind

If it’s seen that you are the world, that you are Humanity, the “pov” will be a result of that insight. Without that understanding we stay trapped in our selves, each with his own pov…and we are witnessing where that seems to be headed.

To be trapped in your pov, to be trapped anywhere, the hit to freedom is clear.

But to have both an individual pov and world pov, lean more towards one or the other depending on the situation, that seems like it would nurture freedom.

Whatcha think?

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” – Jung

Fact? Is leaving the unconscious unconscious a guarantee that you’ll remain in your self-made prison?

rick,

Whether an individual pov or a world pov, both have an origin in a static idea about the world. It may be that there are no pov’s to be had, since everything in the world is constantly changing as well. You see, here the motive as to whether one takes a red pill or blue bill is the problem, because the motive determines the end results. And as long as there is a motive, the end results may be just as illusory as the individual pov that one had to begin with.

What does this mean: “red pill or blue pill”?

The red pill eliminates the illusion : our projected delusion of reality.
The blue pill comforts the illusion.

It is a reference to the film “The Matrix” with Keanu Reeves - where humanity is living the “brain in a vat” scenario, whilst in reality is in fact being used as organic batteries for the AI that has taken control of planet Earth.

Yes! Ultimately. But down here in the trenches, having (the illusion of) a point of view seems inevitable.

There is also the problem of attachment to a pov, whether personal or a worldview. Substituting one pov for another is still attachment. And so taking the red pill would negate having any world view. Taking the red pill would highlight only real needs: food, clothing, shelter. So, one asks, is a pov a real need? Obviously not. So, one may like to also think that one will get something as a reward for doing the “work”, that too is part of the illusion of living with the blue pill… Taking the red pill means negating, means negation. Are you up for it? lol

“Conforts”? …

Sorry : “comforts” the illusion (conforter en français - my brain probably linguistically dyslexified)

Definitely! As long as I get to negate only things I’m not very fond of. I’m not gonna negate Professor T!

rick,

re: Professor T, which version, I saw one version, can’t recall which one. Could have been the 2021 version (ITV) or season 1 of the German series 2017- (most likely the one that I saw)… not the original Belgian version. I still like crime shows, how they solve it… that is still interesting.

They’re all good, but I liked the Belgian the most. And the language (Flemish?) is beautiful!

Rick,

I may have “décrocheé” from the Belgian series (which is considered the best) - the moment it became about him, and not solving cases - so, stopped watching.

Thanks for the exchanges, this is as close to dialogue for “me” (i.e. Charley can dialogue, interesting). For my part, some interesting discoveries. First, apparently, K liked to tease, and one had a sense of teasing “the other”; and so, it was fun (K used to say how much fun it was - especially, when one recalls that no one understood what he was saying *G) !!! Secondly, dialogue seems to involve some “work”. And, Charley had the “thought” that Charley would like to get paid to continue… lol (joke)

One still finds it really weird at how much energy is expended in trying to understand what K meant, what X, Y, and Z, etc. meant, And all that energy is needed in the seeing of “what is”, and how silly it is to waste energy trying to understand what was meant… It almost seems that it is a self-defeating action - like those who do that have already decided it is impossible for them to do what K suggested.

Charley had an interesting reflection about the “snake” in the spine, which seems to have disappeared, and the word “ouroboros” - the snake that eats itself, the ego (and the energy of that ego) which dissolves itself, which is the supposed mystery of the alchemists, no longer a mystery. *S

So, to continue this “dialogue” - up to you… Query: how is the realization that thought is limited coming along?

Ahh, I see. The thing I like most about the show is him and a few of the other eccentric characters. The music and fantasy sequences are also brilliant. I’m not surprised there are three versions!

Thoughtfully.

How long does a realization take? Usually it’s immediate, but I suppose realization could be a constant feature of existence. One could - by removing the obstacles to clarity - be aware of what is no longer true or relevant. But of course, one can only imagine these obstacles because non-existence is unimaginable.

Seems to me realization is a process, and processes take time.

Yes, realization is an ongoing process, and some realizations are more noteworthy than others, more dramatic, exciting, stimulating…when they’re not devastating, grievous, shocking, horrifying, etc.

Do you know this firsthand?

Everybody knows this firsthand. We’re constantly realizing that we had the wrong idea, a misunderstanding, a foolish notion, a naive assumption, needless anxiety, wishful thinking, etc.