Emptiness

I am in the known “trying” not to look at it.
Let’s proceed :thinking:

1 Like

So I am in a space with objects I collected from the past. What is one to do next, apart from looking at the “room” (the mind) and at each “object” (the content of the mind) ?

The change is in the way I look ?

How to look at an object I have seen before many times ?

Are you sure that you have “seen it many times before”? … Or did you just see it once, and since then you have only seen the image the mind created of it?

How do I un-recognize the past ?

Yea- this is the correct answer but is my old answer -

I’m afraid one doesn’t have to do anything except watch… without adding or suppressing anything.

Then let’s get into it… Does living need answers or is it “me” who is looking for them because “I’m” afraid of that feeling empty @Jobuys is trying to explore?

I am afraid of the feeling of emptiness.
So let’s approach the feeling of fear.
Let’s approach the feeling and not it’s object.

Yes
This seeing makes the past unrecognizable.

1 Like

This means seeing the past with fresh eyes, which is the present. The past is the present.

I am sitting here in nature, looking, listening, smelling, feeling the wind in my hair. All my senses are active., though the seeing seems to be dominant.
Is this seeing the root of fragmentation and is my seeing fragmentary, part of my conditioning . Can i look completely with all what I have in me? What happens then? Do i even ask that question? Or does the question arise later?

And when i am looking like this , is there any effort at all? Yoymight even ask : is there a me that is looking?

1 Like

Here is the question that indeed comes later: can the past (the mind) be actively seen&felt, in a holistic way, as an immersion in nature ?

What if instead of asking yourself threellion questions, you just watch and see?

yes, when I will find myself in nature, in a state of harmony, I will invite the past to rise up, to be washed by this state of harmony, no questions.
I haven’t done this before…

1 Like

Is the word “whole” the label given to the brain empty of psychological content? If so, what can an empty brain say to a brain so full of itself that it can only splutter and spew and chew its cud?

Enough of this confusion! Let’s be clear about what we’re talking about. K and the Buddhists say there must be emptiness for the brain to be in direct contact with actuality, i.e., free of illusion. So the brain must empty itself of content that generates incoherent thought, confusion.

The emptiness K spoke of is the absence of the “content of consciousness”, the assumptions, beliefs, suspicions, hopes, dreads, desires, etc., that generate psychological thought and the confusion that is our condition.

And it’s unlikely you ever will because it’s a fantasy, something you’re imagining.

Good !!
Ill observe my fantasies!