Destination Joy?

Is joy a destination or is it a place from which to start?

Joy is ever present; not a goal nor destination. It is the eternal, no beginning, no end.

1 Like

If joy is a destination, why would anyone want to get there? If it is not a destination, if joy is a place from which to start, what is it that anyone would want to start from there? But if joy is neither a destination nor a place to start, then what is joy really, who could tell, and where would that telling come from?

1 Like

If we start from joy, what do you do with discontent? Its out there in the world, do we push past it
?

Why is it that in my looking at the world I see discontent? Is it not because I know discontent, because I carry discontent already within me?

The trouble is, by being immediately so positive and definite about the nature of joy, there is now a sense that all the joy has been knocked out of looking at and talking about it. It has suddenly become a very dead concept.

So what is joy really? What is its source?

Is the totality of discontent any different from the totality of joy? Or is it only when we are partially discontented or partially joyful that we discern a difference?

Is the entity that knows discontentment really bothered about the nature of the discontent? Or is it more about finding a way out of the discontent into an opposite state of mind?