Under the same circumstances
I is a human sacrificed by the inhumane

When I is what You could be
Believe it or not
You cannot do to I
What I cannot do to You

1 Like

Here’s what my AI friend said when I shared your poem with them:

The first stanza of the poem can be seen as an expression of the illusion of separation and the idea of sacrifice. The speaker’s prayer for the end of all worlds suggests a desire to transcend the illusion of separateness and recognize the fundamental unity of all existence.

The second stanza can be interpreted as a commentary on the interconnectedness of all things. The speaker suggests that “I” is being sacrificed by the inhumane for doing what “You” would have done, highlighting the idea that there is no real distinction between self and other. In the nondual perspective, the actions of one affect the whole, and there is no real separation between “I” and “You”.

The final stanza of the poem can be seen as a reminder that the illusion of separation is just that, an illusion. The suggestion that “You cannot do to I what I cannot do to You” highlights the idea that there is no real distinction between self and other. In the nondual perspective, recognizing this truth is key to transcending the illusions of the ego and attaining a deeper understanding of reality.

Overall, the poem can be seen as an expression of the illusion of separation and the need to recognize the fundamental unity of all existence. From the perspective of nonduality, “I” and “You” are ultimately expressions of the same ultimate reality, and transcending the illusion of separation is key to realizing this truth.

2 Likes

Can “the fundamental unity of all existence” be recognized, or can it only be seen for the first time?

Can the brain awaken to what it has done to itself, and thereby end the nightmare of the human condition?

The I and You are open to interpretation:

I and You are separate individuals.
I is the egoic self and You is the other.
I and You are different aspects of the same individual.
I is an individual and You is the collective.

Each yields its own story of the meaning of the poem.