Coming to the common ground

There is no sharing with authority. The self is in a one to one perspective with the world. It looks for a persistence of this relationship. It looks at individuals, a member of a group, reads a book, drives a car, watches TV, and this singular relationship is its authority. It may be clever or troubled, but self is what it thinks is its undeniably true ability. The authority is the thoughts, ideas, beliefs, emotions, and the knowledge and exercise of abilities of self.
It participates in activities, in discussion, applying self as this hidden authority. This is all the usual day to day affair.
What does it take for this authority to come to a common ground without fuss?
What will get the authority to respect the shared place free from the singular perspective?
Asking the question, and questioning self, is not authority.

1 Like

Is managing, educating, training, coaching the authority really the right question? The more we attend to the authority, the more durable it becomes - obviously.

Asking and questioning can also become an authority if they are done with an intention to become something or another.

Tricky business.

When I see a depiction of torture say, it makes me sad. I think how horrible it would be to endure that and also how can a person do that to anotherā€¦yet it is offered now as entertainment, the killing and brutality. It seems very wrong to me that humans have taken this route and if there is a possibility that this can change. In me. K has called the self ā€œevilā€.
I have seen no evil like it in nature.

There is questioning which is a verbal exercise, and the questioner is reacting with their conditioning, memory, knowledge, etc., all of that. The questioner is defending themselves, psychologically, not actually seeing their own responsibility. Even in the manner of objecting, reasoning, rationalising, the words are used by way of maintaining and cultivating the existing state of affairs, and projecting a modified state of affairs, which is to not be actually questioning anything. It is only when we hear the question for ourselves, responsibly, mindfully, unanswered, unresolved, is it really a question.

Thought, the process of thinking has a source. It arises out of a silence. It constructs itself out of memory and experience. It forms itself in sentences using the words learned from the language of childhood and the accumulation throughout life. When it creates a center as ā€˜meā€™, the ā€˜thinkerā€™, it separates us artificially from each other. We are not that stream of thought with all its differencesā€¦Arenā€™t we the ā€˜silenceā€™ before its movement?

When the thoughts are felt as pleasant, the ā€˜thinkerā€™ indulges in them. When the thoughts are felt as unpleasant, the ā€˜thinkerā€™ attempts to escape from them. It is all the same stream of thought. Isnā€™t it?