Can one separate oneself from the delusions of thought

Thought sustains itself by delusions and illusions…
Thought is words and thought is also images. The problem is the movement of images without any reasonable explanation.
It is not difficult to be free from the verbal or intellectual thought.
But to be free from the image -making activities of thought Is arduous and needs the quality of excellence . …

1 Like

If I am attracted to a person or to food or to medicine or to a hope what am I suppose to do ?

Shit… I pronounced wrongly again in this forum…:blush:

What gives power to thought? What is resistance?

The power of belief is self-enforcing. The conditioned brain is not allowed by its beliefs to question its beliefs. If I can believe anything, I can believe whatever I must believe to survive, which means the ultimate truth is that I must believe.

And that’s as far as I can get when I must believe I know what I really don’t know.

What gives thought importance or power is thought itself .Illusions breed more illusions. It is impossible to stop the brain from projecting illusions. Future is an illusion, the past is non-existent. Now is the only reality (which most of us escape from.).

What about facts? Living with facts? Actual living? Does such a life create an opening for delusion? I am asking.

And to answer your question about seperating yourself from the delusion of thought. Where does this question come from? Have you considered? It might give you the answer and it will be your answer.

“Is there such a thing as thought wandering? It is only when the ‘observer’ is different from thought that he censors it; then he can say, ‘This is right or this is wrong thought,’ or ‘Thought is wandering away I must control it,’ But when the thinker realizes that he is the thought, is there a wandering at all? Go into it, sirs, don’t accept it, you will see it for yourself. It is only when there is a resistance that there is conflict; the resistance is created by the thinker who thinks he is separate from the thought; but when the thinker realizes that he is the thought, there is no resistance - which does not mean that thought goes all over the place and does what it likes, on the contrary.”

JK, “Flight of the Eagle”, 4th Public Talk, London, 1969.

1 Like

The fact is that we are attached to thought because thought gives us pleasure. But thought also gives pain, fear, uncertainty.
I say if there is a thing called freedom it is freedom from pleasure or thought.

You tell me about the danger of attachment and I believe you.
I belief it because I can see it happening in my life.
And yet, i do not move away from it.
Does that mean that my understanding is merely verbal, intellectual?
If so, why then should we call it a fact? And not another thought to mislead us?
After all, it is a serious matter to go into.
Don´t you think so?

If you see something poisonous happening to you …what do you do ? You stop and look …

I hope so! And not think about it , if you know what I mean.
This is fairly easy to grasp.
Why does it become so difficult to see the danger in the psychological field? Perhaps we do not see it as a real life threatening danger? And there always seem to be the possibility of running away from by whatever means ( and for sure they seem to be endless).
Will facing your loneliness end it? Who knows? And what does it mean to face sthg, whatever it might be.
I ask myself these questions so that they can stay alive.