Believe it or Not

If you can believe, you can believe anything you need to believe until you need to be believe something else

A canNOTsee can’t see what it can’t believe

The difference between learning and not learning is the difference between questioning and believing

If God exists when no one believes in God, belief is unnecessary. But if God must be believed, Belief is God

If you have the courage of your convictions, you have courageously sentenced yourself to life in the prison of presumption

Nothing is too far-fetched when fetching is all you know

I believe in bells because they remind me

if I believe I have solved the problem, do I have a problem?

Better to know what you don’t know than pretend to know more than you do

We are liars by default when we can’t stop believing

Let us starts with understanding that words never reveal the TRUTH, which is perceptible with sensory organs and beyond if and when they exist (doubt). A SUN RISE can never captures the beaty. The word rose never captures the actual.

GOD is a creation of human imagination, and reveals only what the imaginer wants GOD to be.
To bring sense to the business of god, the message of TRUTH is god and GOD is truth becomes relevant.

When one does not know and understand origin or genesis of THOUGHT, then GOD inevitably will be subscribed. When one know the genesis of thought and its place, the subscription to faith and god becomes childish. In that case THOUGHT is GOD and God is THOUGHT.

Genesis of Thought:

Experience(Sensory Organs) => Information => Memory(Brain)=> Knowledge => Thought.

No experience <=> No Thought.

And then?

(dummy text to avoid message length limitation)

This is not true. If it was, Krishnamurti would never have spoken or written anything.

The word GOD does not reveal what it intends to rather than abstract explantions across globe.

GOD is a creation of human imagination, and reveals only what the imaginer wants GOD to be.

I mean… words themselves do not capture the truth and the actual is much beyond the description of the words. Kindly read in conjunction with post.

Added your input into my post. Thanks.

Dialogue in the realm or context of Psycological Space( Human RELATIONSHIPS).
NOT APPLICABLE TO PHYSICAL SPACE ( THOUGHT FOR LIVING)

THOUGHT comes into Existence due to Human Experience…

Then …in absence of thought in human relationships, one sees whole together different dimension of living. It leaves no traces of that memory, no record, always meeting a person for the first time and every time. Which is beyond description.

Did not K (and some others before him)
said ad nauseam that the word is not the thing?

Would you say that K was imagi]ning God when he said…

God is not a thing of the mind, it does not come through self-projection, it comes only when there is virtue, which is freedom

On Belief in God - From Krishnamurti’s Book ‘The First and Last Freedom’

Taken from Google:

Oxford Virtue meaning a good moral quality in a person, or the general quality of being morally good.

Definitions of virtue.
The quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong.

I see JK was in question of what is happening around the world in the name god. And then comes with a virtue to look at GOD, as people cannot imagine life without a GOD.

The above K-quote may be true, but the only truth the conditioned brain can know is self-evident or demonstrable truth.

Are you then condemning the conditioned brain to absolute ostracism, incapable of ever understanding its conditioning, and therefore incapable of freeing itself from it? :thinking:

Well…

…any virtue that is deliberately cultivated, practised, lived, is obviously not virtue. It is a form of resistance; it is a form of self-expansion, which has its own gratification. But it is no longer virtue. Virtue is merely a freedom in which you discover the real. Without virtue, there can be no freedom. Virtue is not an end in itself. Now, it is not possible, by deliberate, conscious effort, to be as nothing, because then, it is another achievement. Innocence is not the result of careful cultivation.

Krishnamurti, Without self-knowledge there cannot be complete action
Public Talk 10 Ojai, California, USA - 14 August 1949

…it seems to me that K was talking about a kind of virtue :point_up_2: that is not in the dictionaries, and not about a God :point_down:people cannot imagine life without him” either.

To be as nothing, is essential. As a cup is useful only when it is empty, so only when one is as nothing, is it possible to receive the grace of God, or truth, or what you will.

Krishnamurti, Without self-knowledge there cannot be complete action
Public Talk 10 Ojai, California, USA - 14 August 1949

1 Like

I’m not “condemning” anything. The conditioned brain may be able to free itself and, for all I know, it may not be necessary for the conditioned brain to do anything for it to be free.

The conditioned brain knows nothing about freedom because it is self-limiting by choice. It chooses to escape instead of staying with what actually is; it chooses instead of being free.

I don’t know if the conditioned brain can ever see itself doing this (or see anything beyond its chosen limitation), but if freedom is possible (and I don’t see why it would not be), I can only speculate as to what brings it about, and I’d rather not.

The conditioned brain is operating in accordance with the terms and conditions it chooses to operate by. Until/unless it has insight enough to actually see this, it may be free before it knows it.

1 Like

Thabks for the insights. Touched. I understand.