K says: “I am anger.”

I say these:

ANGER is not mine.
Anger is ungraspable.
I am anger when the “me” is not.

THE STORY ABOUT ANGER IS MINE
When there is a “me,” I can’t be anger.
When I can’t be anger the “me” invents
a story about anger, which appears to be mine. Whatever is mine appears to be capable of being changed. Anger is seen as mine. While in fact what is mine is only my story about anger. I made my self the owner of a story. I think I have the ownership of anger. Ownership is separation.

I can’t own/grasp anger, I can only be anger.
But I can own a story.
And this is what the me is doing, grasping. Grasping brings separation.

Tricky stuff!

Anger (the emotion) & the theoretical models about anger, are different things.

There is the emotional response to an experience.
There is sensation of self.
There is the emotional response to the emotional response of anger. (eg.guilt, righteousness etc)
There is the condemnation of, or pride in the self image.

So much going on, so many knots happening between all the details. Tricky stuff.

K asks if it is possible to see all these contradictory, conflicting, confused parts, as a whole movement.

To see the suffering self, the angry self, you…and see it as a “whole”. Then there could be a ‘going beyond’ as he suggests. When there is ‘direct perception’? This ‘seeing the whole’ is real meditation, isn’t it?

There is insight. Which we can call the seeing. eg. self is the movement of suffering, suffering begets suffering,

There is acceptation of insight. Which we can call action, responsability. ie. freedom from suffering.

There is meditation. Which we can call noticing myself in movement (eg getting emotional/angry). ie awareness of and freedom from authority.

Self is seen as the ‘suffer-er’ and the ‘seeing’(insight) by seeing ‘what is’, is beyond the suffering

During insight or seeing the whole, there is no one to accept or reject what is being seen.

[quote=“macdougdoug, post:4, topic:2145”]
There is meditation. Which we can call noticing myself in movement (eg getting emotional/angry). ie awareness of and freedom from authority

The state of meditation is the moment to moment seeing of the ‘whole’?

Or seeing the known (the contents of consciousness as they arise), and letting it go.

Seeing the whole is more of a magical insight moment (in my lexicon)

I mean the seeing includes me as the thinker, the experience-er etc along with the thoughts, the fear, anger…the actor me along with the actions: the ‘whole’ disaster!

So did I, seeing the whole problem, as opposed to realising : oh there I go again.