Absolute Silence of the Mind (in 2:51 seconds)

4 Likes

Does thought stop when you notice it?

No clue what he is talking about, but it sure sounds alluring.

1 Like

Is it unusual for a man that age to have eyebrows that havenā€™t turned white or gone wild? Have they been dyed and manicured? Not that it mattersā€¦

Freedom from fear, is freedom from motive, which is silence, whether thought is absent or not.

Silence is when I am not preoccupied with myself. Not the absence of noise.

Freedom arises when we see that the self (my knowledge of good and evil) is the whole movement of suffering.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say that this is so.

If you think the story of how you got there (to this realisation) is helpful - please share.

The frantic, furious dark little world of the self blocking the sunlight. No ā€˜Iā€™ outside of it. No ā€˜Iā€™ to ā€˜controlā€™ it. What does it mean to ā€˜die to itā€™?

1 Like

Union ? And lightness of being - just keep your hat on and pass the suncream.

The self structure will die with the death of the brain / body. What could bring about its demise while the body is still alive? Any movement at all sustains and continues it. Is the image of ā€˜freedomā€™ that it seeks a dream that includes itself?
Is it the belief in a ā€˜future timeā€™ that nurtures hope? That keeps it ā€˜awayā€™ from the present moment which is its death?

1 Like

K has said ā€œidentification is laziness ā€œ. Do I identify with past dead memory? Do I identify with a ā€˜futureā€™ that doesnā€™t exist except in images? There is nothing to identify with between these two ā€˜fictionsā€™, is there? That is where the Freedom arises.

According to the book of Genesis, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden for eating the fruit of the tree of The Knowledge of Good and Bad, because doing so made them as knowledgeable as God and the angels.

Unfortunately I have not read most of the Bible - but I will contest that God and his friends only knew about good and evil. Also I seem to recall there was at least another tree that held some different kind of knowledge (can anyone help clarify - help us out here?)

The important thing to grok @Inquiry - the main message, is that suffering arises from the knowledge of good and bad (what I want & what I donā€™t want) - and that the self is a necessary component for this subjective knowledge. (top marks to whoever wrote that passage in the bible)

The fruit of the other tree granted eternal life, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Adam & Eve were expelled from Eden so that they couldnā€™t eat its fruit, seeing as how they were disobedient for wanting to be like God.

Whatā€™s most interesting about what happened in Eden is that Satan, the expelled angel (in the form of a talking snake) who told Eve that God had forbidden the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge because it would enlighten them, making them like God, he was not deceiving them, but telling the truth.

Yet Christians call Satan a liar and blame him for their disobedience and the suffering their expulsion from Eden brought, when actually (according to the story), Satan liberated humanity from what God and the angels would have had humans be: unquestioning, obedient, dependent beings created in Godā€™s image, contentedly inhabiting Eden for the pleasure and amusement of the Creator and His minions.

1 Like

That is such a silly statement from a character who claims that he has listened to every video and every book that K wrote!

Thatā€™s the seventh time youā€™ve used the word ā€œsillyā€.

Silly
(sÄ­lā€²Ä“)

adj. silĀ·liĀ·er, silĀ·liĀ·est

1. Having or exhibiting a lack of good judgment or common sense; foolish. See Synonyms at foolish.

2. Lacking seriousness or responsibleness; frivolous: indulged in silly word play; silly pet names for each other.

3. Semiconscious; dazed: knocked silly by the impact.

[Middle English seli, silli, blessed, innocent, hapless, from Old English gesƦlig, blessed.]

silā€²liĀ·ly (sÄ­lā€²É™-lē) adv.

silā€²liĀ·ness n.

American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright Ā© 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.

Itā€™s good that youā€™re learning the language, but you need to expand your vocabularyā€¦especially if you want to practice name-calling.

Donā€™t make English as your authority. One can learn English in six month. Trump writes and speaks English well but lacks intelligence therefore he is useless.

Trump barely reads at all, speaks English poorly, and he is not ā€œuselessā€ to millions of Americans who revere him as much or more than you revere Krishnamurti.