What is the basis of anger?

Who is the ‘you’ that I am seeing? What relationship does it have to the real you? What would it even mean for me to see the real you? Can the human brain-sensorium see real things?

1 Like

Anger is from Aversion or reaction of avoiding reacting to something… Aversion, dislike, uhhh distancing oneself with that of perceived subject/object that is disliked, repulsion, reaction.

This is the basis of anger, reaction, phycological reaction, induces biochemicals released in association with repulsion, anger, aversion, to escape the… Bom bom bomp

Fear.... But fear is a reaction to what? 

Lady and Gentlemen

Depression is a type of Anger, caused by not liking things the way they are? ...

This dissatisfaction is the cause of so many difficulties in mankind; especially the constant compulsion to escape it…

Like a Chinese Finger trap, the more we try to get out, the more trapped we become,

We don’t know what the human brain is capable of because we’re conditioned to limit it to suit our imagined selves.

Nah! I hate profund ideas. All we are doing now is providing each other with excuses for not looking at one another. From my side it is shyness; from your side it is this. We are both filling the space between us with something else to look at in order to delay what feels like some sort of crisis. I am starting to feel angry now and I don’t know if it is anger with me, with you or with the whole sorry scenario.

Is the bom bom bomp our heart beat?

You’re right, I don’t want to look at you, why would I, you’re not a movie!

I realize this probably sounds silly and sarcastic. But there’s more to it! Why would I not want to look unless you were a movie? Why are we unable, for the most part, to let go of our stories?

Because we can’t see what sad stories we are?

Maybe when we look at the world, its wars, its stupidity, its selfish violence, we get the impression that horrible stuff is nothing like what’s going on in me.

Maybe we think that what we’re doing here on kinfonet is somehow not very sad and confused and violent?

In the initial post yesterday as you know, which has since been edited, the poster had asked a snarky question, presumably to others, “Can i rephrase the question”, then goes on to answer it themselves, " No, i do not exist". This part has been deleted and the post has been edited today.

I suspect the sounds you ask about represent the poster tripping and falling, since heshe claims heshe doesn’t exist. Just a hunch, could be incorrect.

Do we really know what we’re doing here on kinfonet, or like everything else we do, justify doing?

Not sure - actually realising that I’m in hell, and holding the pitchfork, might be worse than being secure in my self confident ignorance.

Especially if my terrible situation appears to be for all intents, without end.

nb. in response to a previous question about “being vaguely aware”

Everything ends…factually or fictionally.

As long as we are willing to wait for a death in the future - then we can keep on going I suppose.

Meanwhile… maybe we can persuade ourselves that the problem is not me, or that others are just as bad, or whatever, just as long as I can keep striving on

We have no choice but to die, but we can choose not to die psychologically by taking little or no interest in how we fail to be aware of what we’re doing.

1 Like

We are agreed that there is some sort of crisis. Is this crisis actual or fictional?

I think the difficulty we have looking at each other is non-fictional, but its source may be fictional.

What’s the difference?

If I was reacting to some experience I was having - I am immersed in some crisis experience - whats the difference between living a fictional experience and an actual one?

How would I tell the difference?

Is anger a crisis or a diversion away from a crisis? The crisis being actual and the strong reaction of anger being our only way to maintain the fiction of self identity and control. The crisis is about our actual lack of control. The anger is about a desire to impose our will upon the world, to be the fictional centre of control.

I have put the question as carefully and as clearly as I can, but I am happy to rephrase it.

Yes - unless someone is saying that “I am over here, and the problem is over there” - I think we are in agreement.

But you have misquoted me. I am not saying that the crisis is our desire to impose our will upon the world. The crisis is something separate from this desire, which manifests as anger. The anger is a reaction to the crisis. Is there an action that has no such sense of separation to it? In other words, is it possible for there to be both a crisis, which is about our lack of control, and a corresponding action, which is equally lacking in control?