Understanding the inexplicable

What I saw was that all you are describing is so. But I’d say the ‘door’ opens when the analyzer too is seen as just another image, just another of the persons (things) in the ‘room’ of myself. That I am “no-thing”.

Yes…good point. I don’t say ‘nothing’ because that’s just another image. If one is truly nothing one doesn’t know what one is. One isn’t attached to knowledge…to images or ideas or concepts, right? Just exploring…

Thought has over time and with memory put together this masquerade of the ‘self’. When it is seen for what it is, there is a shock and thought attempts to ‘formulate’ the insight and include it into one’s knowledge. But if the insight continues, this attempt by thought is seen and negated. It is thought then that is the element of fear that arises with the feeling that the ‘ground’ underneath oneself is falling away. A kind of panic. But if this is also seen and there is a remembering that who or whatever is doing this ‘seeing’ and what is being seen are the same, that is the moment of ‘release’ (Douglas used the word ‘surrender’ and I feel that applies here also).

You really lost me Dan. Can you explain this further, perhaps in different words? What is it that’s being seen? The state of panic…the fear? And how does this realization bring release or surrender? I’m pretty clueless what it is you’re trying to say here.

I’m sorry I was just trying to describe this experience while it was still fresh. I see it came out as a sort of mess. Leave it at this: when the observer is seen to be the observed, that is the freedom from the known.