To See or Not to See

I was not referring to someone with a self-image, but to someone free of the need for a self-image.

The image that you (Inquiry) have presented, how you imagine a “freed” person would be, is the spitting image of what us confused/non-liberated folk do all the time

What else do you expect from a “confused/non-liberated” person?

If we see the problem caused by confusing our images for truth, surely this could provoke an awareness (of the process in action) and (at least temporary) liberation from delusion?

When you can’t know what “truth” is, you can only imagine, and when you know you’re only imagining, speculating, surmising, it’s just something to think about - not something to assume is true.

I may be mistaken, but I thought that, by “the world”, K meant the human condition, i.e., the conditioned brain. How can that world have “no boundaries” when it is - by definition - the boundaries imposed by the conditioned brain?

So if it is true that we are not-a-thing

I’m not sure it is true. What makes you so sure?

We may be interpreting and missing the message if it isn’t clear what K meant by “the world”.

Yes but I recall what seemed like sadness when he expressed that many of us would die without having realized the “immensity”. That is how I have interpreted the ‘world’, as the Immensity.

How does the world of unawakened humanity have “no boundaries”?

Remember reading somewhere K said that " it may not be true for you but for me it is a fact that I am the world “. So Dan sir saying what K meant by “world” in " you are the world” as immensity may be true. When the “I” is seen as nothing, then what is left is the other as K said when “i” is not other is.

Apart from being a pronoun, “I” is nothing but this brain’s image of who/what it is. But I, this “nothing”, matters more to this brain than anything because this brain believes that I is the ultimate authority, and belief matters more than what is true.

True. “I” is thought that creates and strengthens and sustains the centre /me. But thought / I is nothing but a process of the brain. In the same manner awarness is also an activity of the brain. So it seems brain works in two modes - mode in which centre is active and another mode of awarness. The question often that arises is - why inspite seeing that remaining in the mode where centre is active is full of conflict than in mode of awarness, why brian choses the to remain in former, is it tesult of evolution or habbit.

Would knowing the answer to this question (full of misspellings) make any difference in the way the conditioned brain operates?

1 Like

If answer is evolution, one can do nothing about it, if it is habbit may be it can looked at.

Whats the difference? Sometimes I think of evolution as very old habits that haven’t died out yet.